megane sport 2005

Welcome to TorqueCars its nice to have you along. I've been looking around and unfortunately not been able to come up with anything! As far as Modifications go you can get a different profile internal impellers which will give more power. There are quite a few people selling OEM replacement turbos, but get one with ball bearings as these last longer and spool up more quickly.

Hi Rishen,

What is you are looking to do to your megane, you can get the RS-Tuning remap for it, that will put you to to about 260bhp and with a larger intercooler, the one from Forge is very good! And you will see a much greater benefit from that as you are in a very hot country and all the guys I know out in SA are running these, I will see if I can find the name of the company that sells RS-Tuning maps over in SA for you and will also see what information I can get on the turbo for you...

The Standard Turbo is capable of some decent power.
Your best value for money modification would be a Remap. (www.Rstuning.co.uk)

Stock Megane RS's have shown Figures around 143KW & 324NM At the wheels.
After a Rstuning Remap and Bigger Intercooler these figure have been known to jump to 165kw &368NM At the wheels (please bare in mind, no two cars are the same, so figures may differ)

A performance filter will also help the megane breath a bit better. The Sponge filters we use, are from a co. called CRD. They allow allot more air flow than the std paper filter supplied by Renault.

Another very good mod on the Megane is a decat (Downpipe). Meganes here in South Africa, have shown increases of up to 10KW ATW from a Decat. As soon as my Post count is up and I can Post some pics, I will go into alot more detail...

A performance filter will also help the megane breath a bit better. The Sponge filters we use, are from a co. called CRD. They allow allot more air flow than the std paper filter supplied by Renault.

Another very good mod on the Megane is a decat (Downpipe). Meganes here in South Africa, have shown increases of up to 10KW ATW from a Decat. As soon as my Post count is up and I can Post some pics, I will go into alot more detail...

Any link to sponge filters?

Any place where you can get a decat?