Megane coupe light rear end

ryanashley

Car
Megane Coupe
Driving home this evening in the pouring down rain doing 55-60 mph, came to a right hand bend and BAM back end came out big time. Corrected it ended up wrong side of the road though and low and behold next left hand bend same thing again. Only does it in the wet. Im looking 4 some advice from owners who have/had same problem and can give me some advice on how 2 make it more stable. guessing lowering the torsion bar but is there anything else. I know that the torsion bar setup is quite light anyway e.g Citroen saxo vtr/s and others 2 say the least, but this is the 1st car ive owned with torsion bar. So needless 2 say wasnt quite expecting it big brown moment 2 say the least lol

what tyres are you using ?

these are on of the most overlooked parts of a car, people spend a fortune getting the car more powerful, suspension the lot then put on the cheapest tyres they can find

They are budget tyres on the car right now , only had it a month havnt got round 2 changing them yet. will be getting decent 1s though. n best part of my job is that i can get them at trade prices lol. i think lowering the profile to either 55 or 50 and widen the track 2 185. I think that would help a bit lol.