Megane 2 Tuning

Meganewrc

Hello. My nameis Joe and i`m the owner of a megane 2 cc 2.0 Turbo and i just started modifying it. With this thred i hope we can swap ideas an mby help some ppl.So anything that has tuning and megane 2 in it ... bring it on and we talck about it. NO OFF TOPIC PLZ . 10x.

Last edited:
right now i`m serching for a sport filter and from advices and many discutiones with my friends i wil go with this :

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-0521-1 but sucking warm air in from the engine is a great way to lose power.So...in the instal sheet it shows that the filter is instaled in the uper-right side of the engine(i gues insted of the old filter!?!) , isn`t it gonna get hot in there?
Another Megane sport filter i like is :

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1905 . Now ... this one looks more like a good filter , it has it`s price to show us that :) .
i`m stil thinking about it....

When fitting a filter you should always ensure a supply of nice fresh air. You can cut a vent in the bonnet. Take a cold air feed from the wing,lights or either side of the radiator in the front. If you put the induction kit within a box it will be shielded from engine heat.

Exhaust wrap will also help keep the intake temps down.

2 mods you should think about for your turbo.

Intercooler - the standard ones are not brilliant so get an aftermarket one.
Remap - this should give you a massive power hike for a few hundred notes.

(BTW - We rarely go off topic here!)

if you look around the k & n side im certain they do a heat shielded kit for most applications. cant find it for the megane but there a ic of it on here
http://www.knfilters.com/cold_air_intakes.htm

another option ive seen for a lot of golfs boras was to install a cone filter in the original airbox to stop the heat getting at it. youd need to measure the inside of the box and intake and see if k&n hav something similar.

watch out with k&n, along with a lot of other filter manufactures, use oil filtration. If theres too much oil on the filter, note they can come from the factory with too much, this oil can come off and damage the airflow meters.

like waynne says the remaps your best bet you should see about a 30bhp increase compared to the 10, if your lucky, from the induction kit.

im now not so sure how good a cold air induction kit is on a turboed engine. think about it your turbos heating the air up by quite a bit, see logs where its 160 degrees. at the exit. a larger intercooler will help cool the air better and resist heat soak more. so although you wont gain much power by it, you will have that power for longer.

:amazed: yes , you guis are right and i think i`m right to about the heat from the engine. i did a little test and opened my engine dor after some kilometers and the filter box was rly hot...A open air induction kit may not be the answer.I rly like the idea about fitting the cone filter in the old filter box , i wonder if it is posible ... tomorow i`m going at my renault dealer and i`l have a discution with my mecanic with the instal shet in front of us.
@pgarner -The kn protective box costs about 40e(not much) but i didn`t find one specialy for megane...still searching.

@waynne - My turbo ... is more like a little turbo toy (megane 2.0T is the only turbo engine @ renault) so the stock intercooler is more then fit to do the job ...i thught about changing the intercooler but i don`t think it helps much. and the exahaus wrap is a gr8 idea but i`m going to wait until i change the stock one with a high performance one.(having truble finding a good one).
About remap...I`m living in Romania and the remap rly suks here. I`m having truble in finding some one who has a good soft-program for my vehicle..most of them are remap`ing 1.9 dci and 1.5 disel engines. I spoke with one subaru engenier and he sugested that we modify the air intake in the turbo so that it wil work in about 1.0 bar(0.6-0.7stock) and adding a boost control kitt.
Next week my rims and suspension kit must arive and i`m hopeing that by then i wil resolve the sport filter problem. i wil post pictures with all the mods made.

If you can't remap then a boost controller is the best idea. Don't go too mad as the fuelling will be cut if it detects too much boost. (We have an article on boost controllers in the forced induction section under tuning on the main site.)

I'd like to see the pictures of your car with the mods on it. Let us know how you get on and feel free to join in any of our other debates;)