Medical checks for drivers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on compulsory medical tests for drivers?

How frequently should they be done and what should be tested?

Should be done every couple of years.

They keep saying a lot of drivers are going out when they need glasses for example.

There's other stuff that could be checked for as well.

Maybe it should be a personal "MOT"? (I know you have to have one when you reach a certain age anyway).

this is crap - if this happens insurance companies will just have a whole new battery of reasons to increase your insurance policy.
i.e: too fat - must be risk of potential heart attack sometime in the future therefore lets slap on a premium.
Bald - gets cold quickly so may have to wear a hat which may slip down on his head and impede the vision - increase premium just in case!

It needs to be balanced between the silly and sensible. If a driver can't see properly or has restricted movement in his arms or neck then it would be dangerous for them to continue to be on our roads.

I'm pretty sure that some countries already do regular medical checks on drivers and these are only basic tests from eye sight to motor skills.;)

The only tests there should be is for whoever has more average alcohol in their system, and at a certain shouldn't matter, the younger it gets, the worse.