Mazda RX8...Why so cheap?

Curd

Tuner
Car
91 Mitsubishi GTOTT
was looking at different cars online and came across the RX8's being advertised for really low money...It seems that you can pick up a good condition, leather interior with different added extras for under £4000 and they are only a few years old

Now I'm a fan of the RX7 but don't think much of the RX8 but still makes no sense.
The older RX7 sells for double what the RX8 does.

Anybody have one?
Is there something wrong with them?

The main thing is they're a little bit thirsty & not just for fuel, because of the way the rotary engine works it consumes a litre of fully synthetic every month or so if memory serves me right.
Also it's uber critcal that the car is properly serviced at the given intervals, failing to do so can be costly down the line.

I looked into buying one & not knowing exactly how the last owner has treated the car put me off as knowing my luck I'd buy a bad one!

i used to use £60 to drive just 220 miles thats when petrol was alot cheaper plus the oil every month it all adds up.

im with you on the rx7 amazing cars had a mate with 1 had with around 380bhp the scariest car ive ever been in but sounded so good

A work colleagues son had one, worst car he had ever owned and had alot of grief with it and trying to get rid as well. All I can say is they are a little fragile if not maintained and as said very thirsty considering what it is.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge the RX8 is in no respect a replacement for the RX7, why on earth they called it the RX8 baffles me. The RX7 was originally built to take on the Ferrari's and Porches of it's time and became a legend in it's own right along with the Evo's, STI's and GTR's of it's time. It's a tuner dream car and no comparison between it and the RX8 can be made.

Mate of mine has one and as people have mentioned it absolutely guzzles fuel and synthetic. They also have a pretty annoying flooding issue when turning the car on then off without letting it warm up. My mate has to drive round the block for a couple of minutes if he wants to move his car 12 inches, it's ludicrous.

Mazda RX-8 is a four seat car, sportier looking car. The car was a perfect blend of performance, style. The price of the car was above 2 lac. But now the car is not available in Indian car mrket.

Good lord, I hate Rotaries. They sound nice and it's an innovative design, but I wouldn't want to own something like that. We actually went over the Mazda handbook in class for them in my auto mechanics class, and Mazda states you have to rebuild the entire engine at 50,000 miles and replace anything even remotely worn. It's a side effect of being such a high friction design. Tolerances are extremely tight.

And from what I can gather, beyond the increase in maintenance, they're not known for being very reliable either.

I kno its an old post..Just felt the need of posting a direct latest experience with rx-8. So I had done tremendous research before getting myself an 8.. Knew about all the flaws and all the issues pretty much. Me and my 8 are on our 7th months and 65k together. Yes a little bit of a guzzler, oil 1 quart every 2 weeks for the ammount of driving i do, don't sound that bad. Flooding, I rev to 6k n turn off the car, its never been flooded. Yes after 7 months now i feel it needs more power arround beammers and Audis. Over all, extremely well handled, pretty responsive nice little 2dr sedan lol. Fun to drive, juz rev it up, it likes being abused a little, likes it rough and if you dont have the balls for it, don't buy it. Most 8's I came across were messed up due to owner's lack of knowledge. I am a happy 8 ower, devastated with shallow aftermarket parts hahaha

And just so you kno, it's got 235k kms on original motor and tranny. :)
Red-line a day keeps the mechanic away haha

Similarly my First car Cougar was the same issue, hated by many, a traoublesome trashy car by Ford, However, lasted me 3 years and a total of 400 k Kms on original tranny and motorr..Any machine will give up if you dont take care of it properly just a thought.