Mazda Mx-5 engine mods,suspension mods, and interior mods (no turbo)

koolbum20

Wrench Pro
Car
01 accord v6
Hello guys im new to this forum and just want to know what kinda mods i can hook onto the engine and suspension and ya i kinda live in the usa so if anyone can relate to that please help.

also would a cold air intake decrease power or increase power because i heard that a cold air intake on a small engine decreases power.

thank you for your time.

MAZDA MX-5 1996 MODEL

it can lose power low down yes depends on which engine is in it ? 1.6 or 1.8

doesnt really matter as the following list should help
intake manifold
head gas flowed
higher compression pistons
fast road cams
full exhaust

youe said no to turbo why?
would you be willing to look at supercharging ?

ya i dunno but i dont realy like turbos that much turbo would probably only do it as a last resort and im sure most engine mods lika ecu chip or other stuff would give me more horsepower and gas milage.

o and im going for the 1.8l engine and my plan is to add pulstar spark plugs, air filter, swaybars, anzo tailights, fuel filter, stainless steel catback exhaust system, spyder headers, EBC Brake Pad Set, ACT Clutch Kit o and id ont know were to find a lsd or how many i need

Instead of a Turbo why not look at a supercharger. Jackson racing have a bolt on kit for the MX5. With water injection you can increase the boost and add loads of power. I've seen kits on the MX5 putting out 200-260bhp on stock internals.

Pgarners list are the best options until you go for forced induction.

Ya but to me its not only about horsepower its also about fuel economy i dont realy want a gas guzzler u know im trying to get 20 mpg+ if i can get more because fuel prices in usa skyrocket sometimes o thank you for the info to i didnt know about that

you should still be able to get over 20mpg even with forced induction.
i get around 32mpg (around 27mp american gallon) easy and thats alot of town driving.

whats the cost for a gallon over there now ? were paying around $2.60 per us gallon £4.20 for a uk one

The us gallon right now is about $1.80-$1.90 but sometimes the gas price just skyrockets one time it went up to $4.50 a gallon il probably end up getting a turbo but that l probably be the last thing i ever buy because i want to get a a good reliable one with a reliable boost control system with two modes one for fuel economy and one for racing o and about lsds is a lsd just one item or do you need one for each wheel?

The us gallon right now is about $1.80-$1.90 but sometimes the gas price just skyrockets one time it went up to $4.50 a gallon il probably end up getting a turbo but that l probably be the last thing i ever buy because i want to get a a good reliable one with a reliable boost control system with two modes one for fuel economy and one for racing o and about lsds is a lsd just one item or do you need one for each wheel?

A Limited slip differencial LSD is just 1 unit...