Best mods for your Mazda 5 Premacy
- Flowing and porting the engine head - for larger gains, you will get better flow and make a more efficient engine if you do this to support your other mods.
- Mazda 5 Premacy Suspension Upgrades - Fitting a more sporty Suspension kit radically improves your 5 Premacy handling Coilovers and Bushings are the usual go to mods
- Lighter flywheels - a reduced weight flywheel will significantly improve the engines rev changes. Not always a great mod for all Mazda 5 Premacy engines.
- Brake Upgrades - Stopping your Mazda 5 Premacy should be high on your agenda.
- Fast road cams are one of the most significant mechanical changes, but they must be installed by someone who knows what they are doing and tracking one down can be a challenge but there might be a local firm to regrind a stock camshaft .
- Upgrades to turbochargers and superchargers - forced induction is the most efficient approach to improve intake air supply, this means you are able to combust more fuel and make higher power. It is one of the most technically difficult mods it offers big gains.
- Intake Upgrades and high flowing exhausts - Be aware on their own these mods won't ADD PERFORMANCE in most applications, but they will enable you to lift power after other mods by lessening the restrictive flow.
- Remaps - A Remapped Mazda 5 Premacy ECU offers the most power for your investment, replacement ECUs, and Tuning boxes are all alternatives. Remapkings, Hyperchips, Quantum Tuning, TDI Tuning
5 Premacy Tuning StagesTypical stage 1 mods often include: Suspension upgrade
(drop ), Panel air filter, Sports exhaust, Lighter flywheel
, Alloy wheels,
Typical stage 2 mods often include:
fuel pump upgrades, high flow fuel injector, Fast road cam, Power/Sport clutch, Ported and polished head
Typical stage 3 mods often include: Engine balancing
, Internal engine upgrades
(pistons/head/valves), Adding or upgrading forced induction
(turbo/supercharger), Competition cam, Sports gearbox.
Mazda 5 Premacy Handling/Suspension upgrades
Many Mazda 5 Premacy owners uprate the handling of their cars with tuning suspension upgrades as a priority, this will certainly increase your enjoyment of the car.
Drop the car by as much as 27 - 36 and fit sports stiffer dampers, bigger drops will need other modifications in most instances.
Adjusting the handling is often the first step in using the 5 Premacy.Adjusting the 5 Premacy's handling is often the first step in modding it.
When it comes to modding your Mazda 5 Premacy, one of the most often cited reasons is to enhance its handling. However, we regularly come across the same mistakes.
Coilovers allow you to lower or raise the car and this allows you to tweak your handling.
What considerations must you make when setting up and selecting your suspension if your 5 Premacy serves as a daily car as well?
Improvements to the bushings
What factors should you consider when setting up and selecting your suspension bushings if your 5 Premacy is also used as a daily driver?
It is possible to connect the 5 Premacy's suspension components to the chassis of the 5 Premacy using poly bushes, which are direct replacements for the factory mounts. The rubber ones will degrade with time and need replacing anyway so why not upgrade.
By replacing new OEM rubber bushings, you may greatly improve your vehicle's performance.
It's probable that the ride may be a touch rougher because of the stronger polyurethane bushings but they'll last longer and maintain tighter handling.
Worn bushings may also accelerate the depreciation of other suspension components due to the increased vibration and play.
A new set of poly bushings should assist in minimize the excessive play associated with rubber bushings.