Mazda 323 GTX compression

jnin

Car
Mazda 323 GTX
Hi guys

I am the owner of a Mazda 323 GTX 4wd 1.8L turbo
I am doing some modifications and I want to know if the 9:1 compression is safe for this engine...
The mods include aftermarket ECU microtech LT8, injectors from RX7 550cc, turbo from EVO7 with custom header and downpipe, forged pistons and rods, 255lph fuel pump.
Thanks

I think you will have trouble with detonation on that setup if you use too much boost but I coulndn't suggest where the threshold is as I am not familiar with the 1.8T Mazda block.

Which turbo unit is it you are adding? I think you will find it laggy and the power will come on too late. Remember that the Evos are 2.0 engines and have a pretty good exhaust flow and they still seem a bit laggy low down.

Have you looked at hybridising your stock turbo? Add in a boost controller and remap and you should be happy with the results.:D

Hi there
The turbo is this TD05HR-16G6-9.8T. Its twin scroll and so is the header of course.
I ve got a turbo timer/boost controller as well. Now about the boost depends what it will show on the dyno... 0.4-0.6 maybe? I will use high octane petrol from now and on with the 9 compression. Also the stock pistons are 8.2 compression.
Thanks

Also I forgot to tell you that I ve got a much bigger intercooler

I think you will have trouble with detonation on that setup if you use too much boost but I coulndn't suggest where the threshold is as I am not familiar with the 1.8T Mazda block.

Which turbo unit is it you are adding? I think you will find it laggy and the power will come on too late. Remember that the Evos are 2.0 engines and have a pretty good exhaust flow and they still seem a bit laggy low down.

Have you looked at hybridising your stock turbo? Add in a boost controller and remap and you should be happy with the results.:D