Mazda 3 owners introduce yourself.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you have a Mazda 3 post an introduction here and tell us about your car and what plans you have for it.

hey im tom iv gotta mazda 3 2.0 litre sport i researched into the bhp and performance of my car and found out its 148 bhp im looking for ideas on how i can increase the bhp and wot things i should start off doing?

hey and welcome to torquecars mate.
start with basics exhaust and panel filter, FSE valve that should give you around 5 or 6 bhp. smooth out the exhuast ports NOT the inlet ones then start looking at cams headwork supercharger

cool i was thinking of stating off by replacing the air filter for a decent one seen one for 300 quid, and was thinking of changing the exhaut too, and maybe remapping the ecu and chipping it?

£300 quite a bit for a intduction kit.
remapping is the same as chipping just done in a different way.
remap - done through the diagnostic port, can be done on most cars from 2001 onwards
chip - requires remval of the ECU pulling it apart, taking outthe old fueling chip and repacing it with a new one.

remapping is better as you can get it easily live tuned while on a rolling road to get a full custom map for your car.

i did think 300 was steep but then again i thought the more it costs the better. i did think that remapping my engine was the way to go but i got told before i think about the remap i need to do my other mods first like exhaust and other engine work other wise i will ot be getting the full potential out of the modifications

Hi there. I've got a Mazda 3 Sport Saloon in Winning Blue. I must admit that I love it. I'm thinking of getting some new rims and a Remus Exhaust, along with lowering it with Eibach Springs and a Strut brace. I have considered an induction kit by K&N and will think about it after I've had the other stuff done later this year. What do you think, Gold or Silver rims? I'm also considering some graphics. Has anyone noticed that 3's go a bit unnoticed in the tuning mag's? Will keep in touch.

Cheers

Last edited:
hey and welcome tot e site.
not seen may of the masda 3 saloons mostly ive seen the hatchbaks.

for the graphics, ave a look for a member under the name of 2fast to catch shes got a lot of good disigns and hopefully her website should be up and running shortly

hey i'm ian and i've got a Mazda 3 2.0 L i'm looking to upgrade the exhaust, intake and throw some rims and a body kit on it. any ideas that you guys have on any aspect of the car would really help out

well do you have any ideas for exhaust? that's what I'm mostly interested in to upgrade first but there aren't many options for the 3 so i'm not sure what to get

if your finding it hard try going custom.
these generally cost around the same and sometimes cheaper than off the shelf ones.
get the whole exhaust changed however not just the back box or cat back.

also make sure that it is mandrel bent and not crush bent

any decent exhuat place should be able to make it up for you. google custom exhaust near you and there should be a few.

as said as long as they mandrel bend them and use stainless. if its mild steel walk away

hey all own a mazda 3 sport silver want to get it lowerd and windows tinted want to paint the allows black and get silver brembo calipers to match the car exhaust and induction kit and if more ideas come to me or if i learn a few from all of you i might add them into it

look forward to talking to you all

Malcolm

hey and welcome to the site mate.
just to let you know brake calliper upgrades are a big insurance increase - trust me i know - for not a big gain, really doubt that the 2.0 would need that big an increase. decent pads will be more than adequate.

induction kit - plenty of cold air to it, exhaust - not just cat back and some head work should see a nice gain when coupled with a remap

yeah i was shocked at what they wanted for me when i said i was looking at adding the brembos to mine, add to that the braided hoses and its quite bad.- but in my case well worth it as standard ones were very poor IMO esp being for a V6 as well

guess its a case of your wanting to uprate your brakes you must want to drive like a loon
on the plus side mines only said brake upgrade so i could go mental and fit something stupidly powerful if i had the money

hey, my name is colin and i've got an 04 mazda 3 2.3L engine with 112k miles on it. i'm runnin fully sythetic mobile 1 oil and filter with lucas synthetic oil treatment mixed in for high mileage.

ive got an AEM cold air intake, NGK iridium spark plugs at i think a .5 something gap, Magnaflow catback exhaust, EBC drilled and slotted brake rotors all around, Hawk performance brake pads all around, and TenzoR DC-5 rims. my next tire change ill have full goodyear eagle GT's, but they're only on the front right now cuz the front wheel drive wore down the others sooner that the rear. Khumho ecsta ASX's on the rear.

I've got plans to put on Vibrant 4-2-1 headers, PowerPulley set, and Hotchkis front and rear sway bars set, and possibly an Exedy lightweight racing flywheel...although my car is a 4-speed auto with tiptronic shift so i don't know if im able to do the flywheel or not. i don't know much about transmissions.

all those projected parts will probably come from www.protegegarage.com

i do have a question as well, should i be looking at new valves, valve springs, pistons or piston rods as well?

and i've found aftermarket cams for the mazda 3 here: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/performanceparts/Mazda/3/Engine/Cams
and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i should do about cams? will it mess up the VVT functions of the engine? or will it require professional tuning?

thanks! and im really lookin forward to this site

Sorry colin your post got held in the moderation queue because it contained links and you have less than 10 posts.

Welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to meet you

Hi i have had a Mazda 3 2.0 sport on a 54plate for 3yrs now & i am looking to tune her up but do not have a lot of £ to use, so what are the most cost efficient way to start off with.

Thanx daffy.
aka Jason

Hello.

New member here and new Mazda 3 Diesel owner too.

Until a month ago I had a Focus ST170 with Bluefin, Blueflame Exhaust, K&N Induction and tinted windows but had to get rid of it due to rising fuel and road tax, mainly due to work moving me from 10miles a day to 25 miles a day (hence the fuel increase).

I've now got a 57 plate Mazda 3 Sport 2L Diesel. It's nicely spec'd from standard and all I'm thinking of doing to it tuning wise is a Synergy 1/TurboTune/RoverRon Tuning box (remap not possible as ECU is locked out) and maybe a replacement air filter.

Craig

hey all own a mazda 3 sport silver want to get it lowerd and windows tinted want to paint the allows black and get silver brembo calipers to match the car exhaust and induction kit and if more ideas come to me or if i learn a few from all of you i might add them into it

look forward to talking to you all

Malcolm
giday buddy i have an 07 mazda 3 sp 23 just watch lowering it to tell u the truth i feel like raiseing mine. my mazda 3 is fitted with 18 in chrome wheels and king springs and all pedders shocks and struts but even still small potholes and bumps in the road are not to forgiveing all i find is i damage wheels often must admit it is a dream on good roads and looks really good but for practical driveing its not to great in Queensland after the floods roads was bad and i actually stuffed a rim and tire then fixed all that now on the drive to NSW my girlfriend was driveing as i also own a 4wd so i was fine anyway back to story on the way here she buckled a back wheel and also stufed a ball joint on the passanger side front also warn more than the ball joint silly girl always drives the the outside of the road where all the rough road is but anyway just watch how low u go because it can end up costing u more than its worth if u dont live in the city and im not running super low springs they are normal lowering springs i think pedders springs was guna be lower thats why i stayed with the king springs hope iv been of some help anyway. on another note just the exhaust made a huge differnce to mine i give a couple other mazda 3s a run and beaten them with eaze v6 commodores no problem and even the xr6 non turbo but mine went hard right from the day i bought it with 40'000 kms on it so who knows maybe it had some work done all i no is it has far more power than my honda civic did and i had a bit done to that although i i can plant the foot in my mazda and spin it up first and secound not something i do alot but i have done it i think it needs to be converted to alwd planty of power there for the asking look up the duratec engine as thats wat it is and u will find some great toys there and tips on how to get that power u want it dont take much to get 200 bhp out of it

Hey all im new here but i must say that this whole tuning thing has become an addiction! i started out racing drift in my 91 rx7, it was fun for a while but costs a lot of money when you meet mister wall or another driver so here i go with my 2009 mazdaspeed3. i love this car it just has a rally feel to it as well as being streety. the handling is supperb right off the showroom floor and the power is pretty descent too, but i got ahold of the guys at vivid racing in arizona and they definetly know what they are doing. So i have decided to give them my car and 20,000 dollars and see what they can come up with. they say they can get 425 hp and 380 ftlbs of torque so we shall see. plus a wide body kit,total suspension upgrade and a pretty mean cam and turbo. my question is this... are there any road races for money that are of the legal type? dont feel like havin to do the whole fast and furious thing and run so any suggestions? hit me up and thanks all.

Hey all im new here but i must say that this whole tuning thing has become an addiction! i started out racing drift in my 91 rx7, it was fun for a while but costs a lot of money when you meet mister wall or another driver so here i go with my 2009 mazdaspeed3. i love this car it just has a rally feel to it as well as being streety. the handling is supperb right off the showroom floor and the power is pretty descent too, but i got ahold of the guys at vivid racing in arizona and they definetly know what they are doing. So i have decided to give them my car and 20,000 dollars and see what they can come up with. they say they can get 425 hp and 380 ftlbs of torque so we shall see. plus a wide body kit,total suspension upgrade and a pretty mean cam and turbo. my question is this... are there any road races for money that are of the legal type? dont feel like havin to do the whole fast and furious thing and run so any suggestions? hit me up and thanks all.

Greetings and Welcome! ;)