matts 01 trans am

thought i would post up some bits i have been doing on the engine this week just getting it ready for some shows in a few weeks

how it was
Photo0185.jpg

Photo0187.jpg

Photo0188.jpg

bits off to be painted

Photo0189.jpg

all primed
Photo0194.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

cheers every one more pics when its all back together and hoping it will be running next week

and am waiting on a mate to do me some trans am spickers so i can base coat the strut brace sliver put the stickers on spray it red stickers off clear coat

i know i could just put the stickers on but dont want to do it that way like the nice smooth look

Really nice work there mate. Looks like you've painted the fence as well:lol: Hope the neighbours don't mind;)

neighbours dont mind i dont really care lol they get to listen to my car every time i go to work and when i come home lol it is not quite

and the fence is being renewed this week or my mum would of killed me lol

all back together i know the plug leads are not on but wont do them until the headers are back on all that is left is to clean the ali up when my polish comes from the states and its all done for now lol

also while i was there painted the fast and wilson bits on the intake will do the umi once its all polished

Photo0222.jpg

Photo0223.jpg

Photo0224.jpg

Photo0225.jpg

Photo0226.jpg

ya am going to get rid of it or change it to a smaller one as i dont need to know it i know it good for more hp then i will put on it

looks slick
wht paint is used an wt type of process is used kind of new 2this stuff

i just used normal 2k car paint it is not wise using that stuff not to good on the lungs lol even if you have a mask unless its airfeed

what i did on all of the bits i sprayed was clean with brake cleaner and a wash with water then sand with 380 grit paper then 2000 paper prime with plastic primer and sand again with 2000 and re prime if needed then spray with colour and a few layers of clear coat and then in the shed for a bake for a day or so so all the paint drys well