MA's Zetec-S Tractor

DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0013-2.jpg

DSC_0015-3.jpg

DSC_0014-3.jpg

S'alright. Feels proper weird after driving the GT everywhere for so long. When I first got in it the gearstick throw seemed MASSIVE and reet sloppy because I'm used to my short-shifter. It feels proper slow atm too :lol: Steering though is beautifully weighted, has the best steering of any car I've ever driven. Comortable and has that "big car" feel, dead quiet and refined.

60mpg, £35 a year tax and cheap insurance isn't too bad either. Half-leathers, A/C, alloys, electric everything blah blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Another car!?

It's just a car for work and despite it being rather bland to look at, and to talk about even, it's good to drive and fits all my needs perfectly. Maybe I'm getting all old and sensible :amazed:

I'd struggle to run and modify an Integrale Evo alongside a Punto GT this year, if I want to maintain the sort of lifestyle I'm living. Bascially, I don't want to spend all my money on cars and then be a pauper. I'm only an apprentice on 3rd year app rate but out of my time next march.

It's like this:

A specc'd Fiesta, modified PGT, £1100 LED TV, trip to Le Mans and the 'ring no expense spared, slap up meals every week...

VS. A PGT and modified Integrale Evo.

Honestly, what would you do?

It's just a car for work and despite it being rather bland to look at, and to talk about even, it's good to drive and fits all my needs perfectly. Maybe I'm getting all old and sensible :amazed:

I'd struggle to run and modify an Integrale Evo alongside a Punto GT this year, if I want to maintain the sort of lifestyle I'm living. Bascially, I don't want to spend all my money on cars and then be a pauper. I'm only an apprentice on 3rd year app rate but out of my time next march.

It's like this:

A specc'd Fiesta, modified PGT, £1100 LED TV, trip to Le Mans and the 'ring no expense spared, slap up meals every week...

VS. A PGT and modified Integrale Evo.

Honestly, what would you do?
i completely understand why you have bought a car for work but we expect a little better (only going by you previous buys;))
its a bit oap for you:toung: pehaps you are getting old and concerned about the environment???:amuse:

i think its a cool looking car mate, beef up the boooooost.

Cheers dude, all in good time ;)

i completely understand why you have bought a car for work but we expect a little better (only going by you previous buys;))
its a bit oap for you:toung: pehaps you are getting old and concerned about the environment???:amuse:

:sad2: Bit harsh on the old Fester. You make it sound like it's a "bad" car lol. Insurance want to enter me from behind without my permission after crashing the Alfa too. Do want rid of the Ford badges though :lol:

S'alright, I'm sticking nitrous on the GT eventually to bring the sensible-o-meter crashing back down :blink:

Cheers dude, all in good time ;)

:sad2: Bit harsh on the old Fester. You make it sound like it's a "bad" car lol. Insurance want to enter me from behind without my permission after crashing the Alfa too. Do want rid of the Ford badges though :lol:

S'alright, I'm sticking nitrous on the GT eventually to bring the sensible-o-meter crashing back down :blink:

i know these are good cars it just seems to sensible for you, only guessing cause i have never met you (but will soon cause loz is taking all the west mids members out soon and paying:amuse:)

Can a mod change the title to "MA's Zetec-S Tractor" please? :lol:

Bit of an update on the car, really ejoying it tbh, it's loved being throw about the twisties the last couple of weeks. Just enough mid-range torque to make blasting out of corners fun and overtaking easy but it definately feels a bit lifeless after driving the GT for so long. Remap is definately on the agenda.

When I first drove up to Middlesborough the other week I used a quarter of a tank from Birmingham. That's 2.25 gallons over 164 miles, which is an astonishing 72mpg! Granted I was driving very steadily but it just goes to show what's possible.

In short, I've not failed to be impressed by this car yet. My only qualm I'd say is the big gay plastic door cards.

Cheers for that. That's a good shout. I have a mate who's bought a high spec flocking machine to do his 200SX bits too. Could have it done for the cost of the flock! Wouldn't look a bit out of place on an otherwise standard car? They look good from my house, but get up close and/or touch them and they're proper cheapo plastic. Shame really because the rest of the interior is lovely.

Got back from Hartlepool today and gave the car it's first wash in my hands! Polished out a few scratches and took the dealer sticker off the back window. Whacked a teddy bear sticker on there. Awwww yeah.

16052010469.jpg

Last edited:
72mpg!!!!! sounds fantastic from this point of view, just for saving money, almost tempted to buy one? actually though think it looks nice as a standard car, if not a bit big for whats termed a "small" car.

It's not at all big chief. Also, the misses discovered it has a heated front screen; loads of little barely visibale wavey lines running down it. Had it for over 1100 miles now and hadn't noticed :lol:

I think they are automatic. Or they come on with the front screen?
I haven't got a separate button for the mirrors but I know they are heated.;)

I'll keep my fingers crossed then! lol. It's got pretty much everything else so I'll assume it has until a cold spell comes. Or maybe I should spray some nitrous on the wing mirros and try them?? :lol::lol:

Nope just a boggo 600 sorry to disappoint :D

Ordered two new Contisportcontacts today. Also smoothed out the airbox and blocked up the resonator. Makes absolutely no noticable difference to performance but does "whoosh" a fair bit more now, which is always nice :lol:

Looking around, there are so many restrictions and inefficiencies with the air intake and boost system on this car! If I was willing to taking it all apart I'm betting I could improve the boost system and air intake dramatically.

Obligatory engine bay pic, including miniturised turbo, appallingly implemented air intake and cheap looking engine cover :p

04072010575.jpg

The stupid oval shaped MAF thing makes it a pain to do anything with the intake post filter and if the turbo was rotated 90 degrees you could cut 2 foot out of the pre IC boost piping (yes, it's that bad!) Ford, eh....

Car is now booked in for a remap from Rob on wednesday along with my mates' Audi A4 and Seat Leon. Will take a few snaps of the evening and report back too.