Manual gearbox oil

frosty984

Wrench Pro
Car
Yaris 1.0 VVT-i
When do you need to change the oil in the gearbox, the car is Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i, car has now 38500 miles (62000 km)? Sometimes it is difficult to change into reverse, you have to release the clutch or change in to some other gear but that also says in the handbook

When do you need to change the oil in the gearbox, the car is Toyota Yaris 1.0 VVT-i, car has now 38500 miles (62000 km)? Sometimes it is difficult to change into reverse, you have to release the clutch or change in to some other gear but that also says in the handbook

It's quite normal to have to pick up the clutch in neutral in order to select reverse gear smoothly. The reason being is that there is no synchromesh on reverse.

62000km is no distance at all, especially in a lightweight car but it might be worth checking the oil level - a leak would cause problems with gear selection and increase wear on the compnents of the gearbox.

62000km is no distance at all, especially in a lightweight car but it might be worth checking the oil level - a leak would cause problems with gear selection and increase wear on the compnents of the gearbox.

Thanks for replying, I'll check that, could you please check at my post under engine questions for my Yaris about the stretched timing chain and the head gasket, I would appreciate that.