manifolds

prevtec

Pro Tuner
Car
prelude 2.2vtec jap
as some of you are aware, i crashed the prelude, but im in the prosses of fixing it
anyway, out in the scrapyard getting the pieces i need, i noticed theres a janspeed 4 branch manifold, perfect condition on the car, i probably could get it for 50 euro, what do you think??
are 4 branch stainless steel manifolds really good on their own??
will it make a differance to the car??

Not with a car such as yours. The VTEC system relies upon high lift parameters for the valves when it does its 8 million RPM trick. The valve timing is very carefully calculated to maximise cylinder charging and scavenging with the stock manifold. Altering the geometry could very well upset the tuning and cause misfiring at high revs.

Get it mended and carry on driving it as it was intended to be driven.

Well I would of thought that if it is on another V-tec then it must be made specifically for a V-tec engine. It will make the exhaust louder and some Manifolds can see gains of about 15bhp. If your planning on doing the rest of the exhaust then get it. But if it's just the manifold your going to do then leave it buddy. It will work better with a full exhaust and a set of uprated cams...

Not with a car such as yours. The VTEC system relies upon high lift parameters for the valves when it does its 8 million RPM trick. The valve timing is very carefully calculated to maximise cylinder charging and scavenging with the stock manifold. Altering the geometry could very well upset the tuning and cause misfiring at high revs.

Get it mended and carry on driving it as it was intended to be driven.
thanks hdi:D

Well I would of thought that if it is on another V-tec then it must be made specifically for a V-tec engine. It will make the exhaust louder and some Manifolds can see gains of about 15bhp. If your planning on doing the rest of the exhaust then get it. But if it's just the manifold your going to do then leave it buddy. It will work better with a full exhaust and a set of uprated cams...
well i wont get a full exhaust system, their just too loud:D

in saying all that, the prelude has a 4 branch as standard, where as this 1 im on about is stainless steel and the pipes are just that little bit bigger

??? hdi

in saying all that, the prelude has a 4 branch as standard, where as this 1 im on about is stainless steel and the pipes are just that little bit bigger

??? hdi

Ive been a member since feb '07 but kind of totally forgot about it :embarrest:

Thanks for the welcome anyway

HDI is right about the millions being spent on research and cylinder scavenging but i have seen good gains on Vtecs from a manifold change.

Scavenging isnt massivly hard to work out for a company developing a manifold (if it is they shouldnt be in the business!)

Even if you get it and dont see a power gain for £50 i cant see you losing money on it...id be surprised if you didnt make a few quid out of it!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back