making my car fast..

forgotten198

Car
Toyota corolla S
ok boys,i got this 09 toyota corolla S and I wanna make it into a speed machine. can it be done??

Lmao nice one OG. Any car can be made very very fast. The only limits are money/knowledge and imagination but having enough money overcomes the other two. For these engines supercharging is the way to go, and there's plenty of them about.

i dont have a budget. so what can i put in the car to make it fast u know fast n the furious style? =]

Anyone done any mod on Subaru Impreza hatchback 1.5 engine yet?
If anyone out there have done it, what have you done?
How fast can it really go to the max?

Anyone done any mod on Subaru Impreza hatchback 1.5 engine yet?
If anyone out there have done it, what have you done?
How fast can it really go to the max?

Ask in the Subura section of the forum mate. If you are looking for help with a project then start a new thread and we will be happy to help you the best we can. Hijacking threads is not the way mate.

Back on topic. Without a budget you can go crazy! What do you want from the car though? Daily drive? Track car?

No budget? wow! Can you fund mine when you're done? Lol

I don't know much about modding but from my begginers persective: Do an engine swap, I'd put in the 7730 cc V12 from a cerbera 12 speed myself. You'll need to redo your engine mounting etc.. I'd have thought, but no budget so what the hell. Slap a twin turbo on that of course (obviously with intercooler, BOV etc..) and a screamer onto that :-D. If you're looking at a track car, then plumb in some nitrus (illegal on the road I think, very fast and furious though) Then look at your airflow, a cold air intake through a sports air filter or an induction kit, you'll have to work out which will give the most benafit. an ECU re-map I believe would be essential at that point. The gearbox will also need uprateing I think.

Then of course you will need better brakes, so upgrade your brakes, lower and stiffen your suspension, put in some strut braces, change the dif. You might want to put a rear spoiler or front splitter on depending on your car, you'll have to work out for yourself the benafits of these.

Lighten the car next, replace all pannels with carbon fiber, why not. strip out everything from the inside, from your CD player and air con to your floor carpet (I believe some people even take out things like ABS) take your seats out, replace them with lightwaight race seats (might want a 5-point harness instead of a seatbelt inall) then do the nitty gritty like drilling bolts as they're over-engineerd anyway etc..

That should get you started to a much faster car. Remember to declare EVRYTHING to your insurance company though

As I said, I'm new to the modding game but that sound about right doesn't it?

Last edited:
Well the car is a daily drive, and i dont want anything too crazy lol not yet anyways. This car isnt really sporty,fast and the furious material (even though i wish it was) =/ I would love to put nitrus in the car, that would be cool! And I really wanna put those neon lights underneath the car..I dont know what else i wanna do but speed is my number 1 priority =]

nothing too crazy? :eek: well where's the fun in that? Lol :-D

Those neons are only legal when you're stationary BTW just incase you didn't know and as I said, I'm pretty sure nitrous is track use only, not posative about that though.

If budgets not a problem and speed is your goal, you should look into turbo chargeing. :)

Of course if budgets really not a problem you can sell the car and buy a Bugati Veyron... whichever :-D :p

Lol don't worry about it, there are a LOT of common misconceptions about Nitrous Oxide. (eg a lot of people seem to think it's flammable)

Yeh it seems to be that dodgy thing that has all the horror stories Lol. The thing I've heard the most is that if you crash your car with it in you explode, but then if you crash a car and it catches fire with a ruptured petrol tank it'll explode, so maybe we should all drive diesels... or not crash.

And the other thing I hear about it a lot is the same thing people tend to say about any performance mod weather it’s true or not ‘oh you’ll completely destroy the engine using that’

It’s probably because of it’s limelight in things like the fast and the furious that make it the prime target for scaremongering

Personally I just thought it was banned to track only use, guess not though :)

Yeh it seems to be that dodgy thing that has all the horror stories Lol. The thing I've heard the most is that if you crash your car with it in you explode, but then if you crash a car and it catches fire with a ruptured petrol tank it'll explode, so maybe we should all drive diesels... or not crash.

And the other thing I hear about it a lot is the same thing people tend to say about any performance mod weather it’s true or not ‘oh you’ll completely destroy the engine using that’

It’s probably because of it’s limelight in things like the fast and the furious that make it the prime target for scaremongering

Personally I just thought it was banned to track only use, guess not though :)

If you car was on fire then the diesel tank would still go up in flames.

Sorry bro, I m not hijacking or anything
I am new here and just happen to pass by
Sorry again if I m wrong.
By the way thanks for informing

speed. i dont really care for style right now. :confused:

you could do this, if your car has a 5 speed manual transmission, as far as i know, the celica GT-s has a 6 speed manual transmission, or take one froms upra if you can find, try taking you transmission out, and exchange it for a 6 speed manual transmission, and when changing, try finding a lightweight clutch. this shouldn't cost you more than 100$
by the way, try finding for exchange a used gearbox, not new ones, cause they're expensive, but you know your budget.
this should be giving you a bigger top speed.