Making My 106 1.1 better

trade it in against sommet faster lol

only joking but seriously i wouldnt bother spending too much as you will always want something faster.

but i suppose depending on budget and what you actually use the car for you could strip it right back and drop a different engine in it.

See im thinking of making it into a track/street weapon , dropping a GTI 1.6 Engine into it , ait and stripping it out like ;) im thinking ov keeping it till im about 19 then getting somethink faster. but i will still keep it in the workshop lol =)

Last edited:
See im thinking of making it into a track/street weapon , dropping a GTI 1.6 Engine into it , ait and stripping it out like ;) im thinking ov keeping it till im about 19 then getting somethink faster. but i will still keep it in the workshop lol =)

that sounds like a plan :)

TBH on a 1.1 I wouldn't bother. The amount of cash you'll have to spend to put a Gti engine in it you'd probably have been able to buy one out right. I'd save up and get a Gti.

Part of the issue is uprating the gearbox, brakes and suspension. You are certianly thinking along the right lines though.

If you decide to do it then sit down and work it all out, check out the cost of the parts and time. Add another 50% if it is still economically viable go for it.

Bear in mind you may need to get the car re-registered and supply an engineers report to the DVLA if you do this.

Well im still a full time student and have a part time job so i reckon i would ave 200 to 300 pounds to spare if i get my student grant :bigsmile:

So what would i be able to do. Its a series 2 look2 model

cheers

I'd probably spend the money on suspension upgrades and have a nice handling car as a result. To be honest though I do really think you should wait till your next car. Whatever you add to a 1.1 will dissapoint you as the power gains will be negligable.:(

I certainly made mistakes on my early cars and I spent a lot of money on car upgrades only to find I'd have been better just burning the money instead!

Ok i think il wait now till im off the r plates (6 months to go) and buy a bigger engine or just buy another 106 (which when i think about it would be far a better idea as there would be less hassle). ;)

That sounds like a plan. You won't regret it.

I must say the 106 GTi is a stunning little car, a real peach to drive. If you can afford the insurance it is worth getting one.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back