Hachi Roku

Wrench Pro
all the people coming on the site say:

i need more bhp
more torque
faster
faster
faster

but they forget one VERY importaint thing, BRAKES! There is no point in having a monster bhp motor if you brakes are about as big as polo mints.

BUT thats your choice, personally id put a big brake kit on before i even replaced the panel filter. its not worth the risk in my eyes.

what do you think?

BTW im still wearing my flameproof suit :p

Good point - but stopping is for wimps! - let the other guy chicken out!!! - Only joking - i've nothing against poultry!

The main site includes quite a bit of info on brakes and yes I agree that most people ignore this important aspect of driving.

The most asked questions is "How can I get more power without spending money! "

It depends a lot on the car. Jap cars are pretty good brakes wise as standard. Its when car makers fit the same brakes to a 1.4 and 2.0 that you start to worry.

no really. as long as they are capible of stopping the 2 ltr without issues then there arnt going to be issues upping the power on the 1.4

Most modern cars have good enough brakes already, while extra power never hurts right?

Thats my thoughts exactly. Most cars nowadays have great brakes so upping the power a little isn't going to cause much problems. The brakes would only need upgrading if silly power was on the cards.