magnetic dampers

TheMac

Car
audi a5 cabriolet
Hi
Has anyone got or tried Audi's magnetic dampers? Have you found any significant improvement in road holding? I am presently ordering a new Audi A5 cabriolet.
Many thanks in anticipation.
TheMac

They are fantastic,IMO one of the best advances in handling to come out in a long time. Body roll is eliminated and you end up with a spookily smooth ride!

You will not be dissapointed. (It was a TT I tried with Mag Ride!;))

Excellent! I have to order any accessories for the car by to-morrow am. I hope this is as good as having 'Sline' suspension which is unavailable for the Audi A5 cabriolets. The default suspension is 'sport ' which drops ther car 20mm whereas 'Sline' drops the ride by 30mm. The Magnetic dampers sound like they should help anyway.
TheMac

I have since found out that the A5 comes with audi drive select damping control which apparently is not the same as magnetic ride! No one I have spoken to to-date can tell me the difference between the handling caracteristics and whether one system is as good as the other (including audi).
Has anyone tried the audi drive select damping control or knows exactly how it works? Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back