Torque Cars

magnetic dampers

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5' started by TheMac, 16 May 2010.

1. TheMac

TheMac Full member

Car:
    audi a5 cabriolet
    Hi
    Has anyone got or tried Audi's magnetic dampers? Have you found any significant improvement in road holding? I am presently ordering a new Audi A5 cabriolet.
    Many thanks in anticipation.
    TheMac

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    They are fantastic,IMO one of the best advances in handling to come out in a long time. Body roll is eliminated and you end up with a spookily smooth ride!

You will not be dissapointed. (It was a TT I tried with Mag Ride!;))

3. TheMac

TheMac Full member

Car:
    audi a5 cabriolet
    Excellent! I have to order any accessories for the car by to-morrow am. I hope this is as good as having 'Sline' suspension which is unavailable for the Audi A5 cabriolets. The default suspension is 'sport ' which drops ther car 20mm whereas 'Sline' drops the ride by 30mm. The Magnetic dampers sound like they should help anyway.
    TheMac

4. TheMac

TheMac Full member

Car:
    audi a5 cabriolet
    I have since found out that the A5 comes with audi drive select damping control which apparently is not the same as magnetic ride! No one I have spoken to to-date can tell me the difference between the handling caracteristics and whether one system is as good as the other (including audi).
    Has anyone tried the audi drive select damping control or knows exactly how it works? Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited: 17 May 2010