mach 1 mustang

asante48

Car
2003 mach 1 mustang
i about to buy a 03 mach 1 that ive been saving up for a year. i know they have aluminum blocks.. i want the most power out of this project. what th ebest way to do this. i was thinking of adding displacement... but not sure because im adding a procharger later. and also port and polishing and the price range for both. i need some experienced advice..

I would have thought a rebore is out of the question with an aluminum block. The steel liners tend to be quite thin although the mach1 might be different.

A stroker kit may help increase the displacement and drop the compression ratio ready for the charger to go on.

Your best bet will be to focus on the head (as you have already decided), with some porting and polishing. Get a fast road profile cam. Sort out the breathing (induction filter kit and sports exhaust) then bolt on the supercharger.

Where are you from - this affects the prices but I can only really give UK/European price guides as that is where I am from.

thanxxx alot buddy. I know i was not too sure about bore in an aluminum block thanks that helps. i know quite abit about cars but wat exzactly is a stroker kit.lol in live in the united states. I dont know exzactly were to go. And yes im planning on replacing the cams with ford gt cams and replacing the fuel pump from the ford gt. forging the pistons and replacing the rods and springs n everything else. The most bang possible but still streetable around 600 to 700 horses n torque. any other sugestions. i have plenty more questions too.lol

A stroker kit alters the length of the stroke inside the cylinder. It comprises a custom crank and a set of conrods and sometimes lower profile pistons.

Keep us posted as to your mods and how they go.

I'd say spend some time on the suspension and get this right. The Mustangs can wallow a bit in the corners.

Keep firing away with the questions and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction.

Taking parts from the Ford GT sounds like a sensible move to me.

owwkk. yes a big consern to me is also the suspension. i know it not the best handling car i want to drop the car. wat would be the best drop 1 inch and a half or more?? also the stock rims come with 17 inch rims should i get rims with plus one or plus two inches?? wat would be the best resolution for this? also want the best suspension. but at 2000 dollars or less. any brands with good names??

Why not get some hydraulic suspension low rider style. Then you can set the ride height to suit the road conditions? There are some awesome hydro kits available in the US.

Can you get Koni or Bilstein over there - these are my current favoured brands.

The drop is not important as far as handling goes, the stiffness bound and rebound settings are. An Anti roll bar and stiffer setup will really help. Larger rims will actually slow the car down due to the change in the effective final drive ratio so try to keep the wheel sizes around the same size using a bigger rim and low profile tires instead.

owwkk but do those hydraulic systems actually help with handling? im planning on hitting the road course after soo i need something reliable. not jus for looks. ill look up what they have for hydralic systems. n yes they have plenty of suspension brands like the two u stated above im jus not sure which brand and type of suspension will give me the best result in looks, reliablity and performace.... n ill keep the same tire size. ill jus go an inch bigger with the rims. i love deep dish rims soo im pretty sure i will go with that.. n another question how much horsepower can an alluminum block handle. im worried dont wanna stress the engine to break point.

Not sure whether this is the same family of engines, but try Sean Hyland Motorsport in Canada as he has built Mustang engines for the Dreadnought MG ZT racecar.

5.0 ltr V8 running Output 520 hp @ 7200rpm, 440 ft/lbs @ 4600rpm

To help you with your engine there are stroker kits out there to take your engine from a 281 up to a 302. You can have your heads port and polished or there are many companies that offer new high flow heads. And its the same way with your intake manifold. If you are looking for suspension then lowering springs and adj. shocks and struts are a good option and a cheaper rout. But if you are going the extreme rout you can go for a complete coil over set up. If you have any questions just ask and I will try and point you in the right direction.