M67D44 745d E65 -08

Raymond81

Car
BMW 745d -08
Wondering about tuning this engine and looking for info about earlier experience..

Cant find any :) Have had it reprogrammed from 330hp/750nm to approx 400hp/900nm..

Anyone know someone, or read something about tuning these BMW V8 diesels?

Regards Ray, Norway

Did you find our article on these engines?

They are lovely engines, BMW did a pretty good job in setting them up. Which transmission do you have?

Your next step is really a turbo upgrade and injector upgrade, I don't think cams will make much difference to what you have as it's already been remapped.

6hp32 Is my transmission, the info i find on this is max recommended 750nm. I have used xHPtool flash on transmission, shifts quicker and smoother, and i think it Said it Would allow more NM, up to 1000nm.. Have Been wondering about hybrid turboes on this..

The newer twin scroll turbos have many more benefits to the older single channel type they also have less lag and spool up more quickly, but it will mean a new exhaust design.

There are quite a few offering hybrid internals on these, so you can choose a faster spool up or better top end power. Bear in mind that larger turbos often have more low end lag, which can ruin the daily commute.

The newer twin scroll turbos have many more benefits to the older single channel type they also have less lag and spool up more quickly, but it will mean a new exhaust design.

There are quite a few offering hybrid internals on these, so you can choose a faster spool up or better top end power. Bear in mind that larger turbos often have more low end lag, which can ruin the daily commute.
Do You know of any Who delivers to this engine? Cant find much, nothing plug and play atleast..

Tried to contact dark side but they hadent had this engine in uk.. And didnt know anything about it... They didnt have time to help.. So... Yeah, Would be easier with a standard engine i guess

That does seem like the way forward then. I'm sorry I don't have any contacts in Norway that could help out more.

Please keep us updated, I'm sure your experiences will help many others in a similar situation.

Well dont think that many has played with this engine since it was just deliverd for a short time in the 7series... but yeah, since its all custom its not a high priority still.. first now will be a custom lsd..

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back