m44 stainless exhaust manifold

Hi mate. Unfortunately there are no available stainless steel exhaust manifolds for the M44 (and M42). They were never made in RHD. However, BMWs design is actually very good already, so any gain would be absolutely minimal, no to mention the manifold on the M44 is tubular anyway meaning it's even better than the M42 model.

I'll assume you're going for more power so what mods have you done so far?

thanks for the reply, too bad about the manifold by from what you say it doesnt bother me too much, ive put a panel filter in so far from k&n and ive done a thorough service
gotta wait a couple of months for my full stainless exhaust then i might look into cams and a remap, dont really know yet

thanks for the support anyhow

Well any decent exhaust centre should have a bewildering array of tips to choose from. Also, go for a full custom job instead of an off the shelf system, your money will go further and they can get you the type of sound that you want without breaking the bank.

thanks for the reply, too bad about the manifold by from what you say it doesnt bother me too much, ive put a panel filter in so far from k&n and ive done a thorough service
gotta wait a couple of months for my full stainless exhaust then i might look into cams and a remap, dont really know yet

thanks for the support anyhow

Get yourself some big bore throttle bodies as well before the remap.

Well any decent exhaust centre should have a bewildering array of tips to choose from. Also, go for a full custom job instead of an off the shelf system, your money will go further and they can get you the type of sound that you want without breaking the bank.

It won't be as good as a Supersprint. The Superprint cat-back costs around £350. For that kind of money going custom means Long-Life or Powerflow which are no where near as good.

Other options to consider of similar price would be Scorpion or Remus. If you can afford it then Eisenmann offer the best exhaust available, but it will be almost twice the price.

Get yourself some big bore throttle bodies as well before the remap.

It won't be as good as a Supersprint. The Superprint cat-back costs around £350. For that kind of money going custom means Long-Life or Powerflow which are no where near as good.

Other options to consider of similar price would be Scorpion or Remus. If you can afford it then Eisenmann offer the best exhaust available, but it will be almost twice the price.

Ok cheers Prince! I have always been under the impression that custom is the way to go? well for me it always has been anyway! :amuse:
Supersprint is not a name i'm too familiar with, in London that is ;)

supersprint are good exhausts, price inc p+p for my car is 375 thats with a single 76mm inward curl tailpipe, i wanted as small as possible so its not too obvious, that and i just dont like big tailpipes

Ok cheers Prince! I have always been under the impression that custom is the way to go? well for me it always has been anyway! :amuse:
Supersprint is not a name i'm too familiar with, in London that is ;)

The quality of custom depends on who is making it. If we take Powerflow for example, when they build an exhaust they bend and weld a pipe to fit, but they don't smooth out the flow. So as the exhaust bends in places, the Powerflow exhaust doesn't quite bend properly, usually restricting flow. The off-the-shelf option usually offers better flow. The off-the-shelf option has also had research done to perfect the design.

In your case (600bhp+ Saab) custom would have been the only way to go due to the limitations of off-the-shelf options. But judging by who did your exhaust they are no Powerflow!

Supersprint are Italian I believe and cater for quite a lot of cars, including Porsche.

yeah i think im probrobly gonna settle on supersprint, but thats hopefully gonna be around my birthday at the end of july (girlfreinds birthday is first and i get cut a lot of slack when it comes to the time and money spent on modifying cars so im taking her away)

yeah i think im probrobly gonna settle on supersprint, but thats hopefully gonna be around my birthday at the end of july (girlfreinds birthday is first and i get cut a lot of slack when it comes to the time and money spent on modifying cars so im taking her away)

Fair enough mate. You've gotta keep the missus happy!

The quality of custom depends on who is making it. If we take Powerflow for example, when they build an exhaust they bend and weld a pipe to fit, but they don't smooth out the flow. So as the exhaust bends in places, the Powerflow exhaust doesn't quite bend properly, usually restricting flow. The off-the-shelf option usually offers better flow. The off-the-shelf option has also had research done to perfect the design.

In your case (600bhp+ Saab) custom would have been the only way to go due to the limitations of off-the-shelf options. But judging by who did your exhaust they are no Powerflow!

Supersprint are Italian I believe and cater for quite a lot of cars, including Porsche.

I think Powerflow get a bit unfairly dissed to be honest, I think when it comes to popular models like E36 they do have a fairly set formula and it's not just a case of bending a bit of pipe to fit and tacking it on; sure, the construction is modular. I ended up plumping for a Powerflow after having to return a Sportex for being too lairy, and although the car was not quite as responsive as it was with the Sportex, it's certainly still better than the factory unit.

From the mixed reports I'd heard about Powerflow I was expecting worse, but the chap that did mine got it how I wanted it, obviously was pleased with the quality of his own work (I think it helped he liked the car), and my regular BMW mechanic also seems quite impressed by it.

I think Powerflow get a bit unfairly dissed to be honest, I think when it comes to popular models like E36 they do have a fairly set formula and it's not just a case of bending a bit of pipe to fit and tacking it on; sure, the construction is modular. I ended up plumping for a Powerflow after having to return a Sportex for being too lairy, and although the car was not quite as responsive as it was with the Sportex, it's certainly still better than the factory unit.

From the mixed reports I'd heard about Powerflow I was expecting worse, but the chap that did mine got it how I wanted it, obviously was pleased with the quality of his own work (I think it helped he liked the car), and my regular BMW mechanic also seems quite impressed by it.

You will find that on BMWs the exhaust systems are already pretty good. However, they are still made to offer a balance between performance, sound and economy. An aftermarket system just allows a few extra horses to escape.

The problem with the likes of Powerflow is that they don't research a car before building a system. They just grab a pipe and get to work. Unless you spend a fortune you will get what you pay for. They are half the price of an off-the-shelf unit for a reason.

I actually had a Powerflow on my old Honda Civic and was very pleased it (I even used to defend Powerflow), until a replaced it with a Greddy exhaust one day. Then I released what a rubbish design the Powerflow was, and why the Greddy was twice as much.

However, for some cars that don't have the kind of options as us BMW owners, a Powerflow is a good option. Especially if you want something custom.

Never had a problem with my powerflow system for my Saab either to be honest. But after a year or so I just felt like I needed a change, could not really fault the workmanship it all looked very nice!