Lydden Race Course Upgraded

It's a great circuit buddy. Although it's a steep bloody hill when ya marshalling and running up it to rescue bikes out of the gravel trap!!!

I hope they don't go over the top with extending it though. Part of the reason it's a good place is that you can see all of the track from just about anywhere.

I've been many times to watch the old amateur rally cross as a kid used to park up in the summer and sit on my dads car roof and watch for hours and hours! remember watching rubbish heaps of Ford Sierra's and Pug 205 GTI's going round haha

The track is ideal for the clio cup or similar but it isnt really t hat godd for big high power cars

Even extended they won't be able to have big powered cars on there as such.
Well they could if they met the noise restrictions.
Which are very strict at Lydden usually.

the hills are pretty steep and hills are very tight . They would have to build a different track to get large high powered cars racing in anger.

its says expanded not redesigned

The circuit as it stands could easily handle high powered cars.
Granted you wouldn't get the maximum top speed out of them. And you wouldn't use all the gears. But lydden could handle it.
It's the noise restriction that is the problem.

The circuit as it stands could easily handle high powered cars.
Granted you wouldn't get the maximum top speed out of them. And you wouldn't use all the gears. But lydden could handle it.
It's the noise restriction that is the problem.

sorry TN dont want to get into an arguement but you obviously have not driven a high powered large car around there (and yes i have ) It is completely unsuitable

the definitition of a track not being suitable for a car is

you cant use all the power and you cant use all the gears.

but that apart lets hope that lydden stays active.

For track days for the public it is perfectly suitable.
And saying it's unsuitable cause you can't use all the power and all the gears is a waste of a statement. That accounts to alot of tracks in the uk.
Infact none of the tracks in the uk would suit a high powered road car like yours or t9's.
Tell me one track that you would get absolute full power and the use of all the gears?

sorry TN dont want to get into an arguement but you obviously have not driven a high powered large car around there (and yes i have ) It is completely unsuitable

the definitition of a track not being suitable for a car is

you cant use all the power and you cant use all the gears.

but that apart lets hope that lydden stays active.

We have trouble with noise complaints over here when development expands way out to tracks that have been established for many years miles from anywhere and the land was probably sold at a lower price than similar developments where there were no tracks and suddenly the owners near the track start campaigning to have it shut down or have noise and time limits put in place. Grrr Winging muppets what did they expect.

for track days for the public it is perfectly suitable.
And saying it's unsuitable cause you can't use all the power and all the gears is a waste of a statement. That accounts to alot of tracks in the uk.
Infact none of the tracks in the uk would suit a high powered road car like yours or t9's.
Tell me one track that you would get absolute full power and the use of all the gears?

silverstone

For track days for the public it is perfectly suitable.

SILVERSTONE .

My comments were not originally supposed to be taken from a personal perspective although I did certainly do have personal experience to offer to the thread.

What i was trying to get across was that being a smaller tight track is one of the reasons it isnt doing so well.

I agree completely that its fine for most cars for a track day and I would happily even make a case for it being much better than silverstone for a " small" car track day.

But no important races for seriously high power cars will ever be at lydden because the drivers wont go there and that is what is meant by unsuitable.

and like or not that is where the real money is