Loz's MX-5

Well here's the replacement for the MG ZS, she's a 1995 UK spec 1.8iS 5 with a confirmed 69,000 miles on the clock, 2 lady owners the last being a MX-5 OC member from new & full service history from new including all the receipts & MOT's. The sills have been repaired in the past but have been done to a good standard. The paint work is good for a 17 year old car but could do with a little tidy up although I am thinking of a respray in Honda pearl white. I love the OEM wheels & they are in good nick but I will get them refurbed this winter.

Some quick pics...

f715a290.jpg

1e5144e3.jpg

89fefe31.jpg

Engine the right way round & proper wheel drive. :amuse: Sticker on the slam panel confirms cam belt was done 2010 at 67,000 miles.

593252eb.jpg

5bf7b685.jpg

7becc917.jpg

Full tool kit including a pair of pliers a screw driver & spanners, though I've not found the jack yet.

Got a few bits stocked up already too... :amuse:

2e602b60.jpg

Well I've a Blaupunkt head unit and TL170 Blue Magic speakers so I like to keep it all one make. :)
Its a two channel amp with lots of interesting filtering options on the side, I suspect it'll take me longer to figure that bit out than to fit it. :p
Running speaker cable through the doors is supposed to be the only tricky bit with these cars and having the battery in the boot should make things easier. :)

Well I've a Blaupunkt head unit and TL170 Blue Magic speakers so I like to keep it all one make. :)
Its a two channel amp with lots of interesting filtering options on the side, I suspect it'll take me longer to figure that bit out than to fit it. :p
Running speaker cable through the doors is supposed to be the only tricky bit with these cars and having the battery in the boot should make things easier. :)

Battery being in the boot would be easier, less cabling required!

How are the speakers? Been looking to get some new ones. There are so many at very varied prices.

I'm very happy with the speakers they are quite bright at the top end but that might be because of the head unit amp. What really helped the speakers was using dynamat, its the first time I used some of that as well and I was impressed. :D

my brother used dynamat when we fitted his speakers. there was no vibration at all!! worth picking some up then. the speakers in the MG are pants. they have as much depth as a puddle... lol

I'm definitely a convert! :)
The Mazda ones looked like they were made from paper and were disintergrating in my hands when I removed them, to to be fair they were 14 years old. :D

He's probably up to his eyes in books and assignments @ Uni ;)
I'll give him a week, then a gentle reminder that we are all waiting for that all important update :)

At uni :amazed: Shock :amazed: horror!

I never knew he was a student! :sad2:

Never mind. Back to my biggotry views towards students, I'll start talking to him again once he has a job!! lol :lol:

(just kiddin Loz)

(I'll never talk to you again!) :lol:

Fairplay to the young man, he is holding down a job, attending Uni and building a monster MX-5 :cool:

Top Gear has Captain Slow and TorqueCars has got Captain Sensible ;)

Monay grabbing, tree huggin, tofu eating, cheap cinema ticket getting, I smoke week cos daddy says I souldn't, non debt paying, protesting bar stewards! :lol::lol::lol:

Monay grabbing, tree huggin, tofu eating, cheap cinema ticket getting, I smoke week cos daddy says I souldn't, non debt paying, protesting bar stewards! :lol::lol::lol:

Just one piece of advice...

If your going to take on a Uni student, check your spelling before hand other wise they will never let it go! :lol:

Lozio Lozio wherefore art thou Lozio? :blink:

What's happening buddy? I need updates on this project ;)

Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz Loz loz!

Where are you!!

Any updates Loz?

Otherwise we will presume your either a) Died and gone to heaven, even so, there is no excuse as I'm sure there is internet up there. b) You bought a Nissan Leaf or some silly eco wagon and are ashamed c) You got married and no longer are allowed any fun.

Much love and concern,

Dave.

Sounds like fun... I wonder if he is still running throttle bodies? Would be nice to know. IF LOZ WAS ONLINE! :lol:

I know Loz was studying for a work related degree, so assume his priority has had to change. What ever the young man is up to, I hope he is safe and sound and working hard or if not, at least on the beach in Hawaii with dusky maidens drinking champagne cocktails while spending his big lottery win :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back