Loz's 1.8VVC Talon 100R

Re: Lozs Talon 100R Progress thread.

Was only a matter of time :blink1:

Make sure you get a nice Land rover MLS gasket in there, and get the head skimmed because the mls gasket comes with a shim which reduces CR slightly.

You doing it yourself or paying for it? Its a fun job to do over a weekend if you have the time and tools :)

(PS Dibs when you come to sell this :) )

:lol:
It's going to Talon to have the work done (with the better gasket.), If we had the space I'd have liked to have a go myself. I need to find a another garage. :amuse:
Dibs? Haha! You might have a long wait, I've got lots planned but if you havent expired from old age I'll give you a shout. ;):toung:

I never seem to take the easy route with anything!
Yep! Gaffer tape & about 500 pop rivets should do the trick! :D
not many think i like but your do. like door panels. and you think like me ..well played

Last edited:

Can I upgrade my brake servo to improve pedal feel? I've got the larger mgf/200 discs & callipers which are good, but you need a strong leg!
I've got some braided hoses to fit sometime too, so while the system is drained of fluid maybe I could upgrade the servo at the same time. Suggestions or better idea's would be great! :amuse:

I've read of servo's being swapped to improve the immediate bite & to reduce pedal travel. So I thought it would be a good plan when combined with braided hoses & a good set of discs & pads. Or maybe I'm braking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:

Or maybe I'm braking up the wrong tree.

LOL.

Braided lines with new disks and pads should improve feel a lot, maybe try them first and if you want more then go for an uprated servo? The only reason i say that is that it would be much more hassle than the other mods, im not saying it wouldnt be effective :)

I see, & yes I think that's a good Idea. I've got the lines I just need to order the discs & pads. Cheers mate. :bigsmile:

Thinking about doing a single wiper conversion but can't make up my mind, thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• rt-001-800.jpg
    rt-001-800.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 4

Thinking about doing a single wiper conversion but can't make up my mind, thoughts anyone?

i do like a single wiper on most cars but in that pic something just doesnt look quite right imo i just cant put my finger on what looks wrong :confused:

I like it. Don't park the wiper straight up like that though it will quickly annoy you.;)

I think that may be illegal anyway, so it'll park as normal. I think I'll have ago, it's not as if it's not a reversible mod. Would a Rover rear wiper motor work do you think?

If you can get one with a 180 sweep then you are laughing.

looking like a beastie, can you not just extend the wiper motor arm to give it more travel, then a bit of cutting and welding with the rods, cant see it being too much of a problem to achieve the 180 movement.

S'good point that ta! If I kept the passenger wiper I might be able to extend it's sweep across the whole screen.
I've been so distracted recently I forgot all about this job/idea! :embarrest::amuse:

S'good point that ta! If I kept the passenger wiper I might be able to extend it's sweep across the whole screen.
I've been so distracted recently I forgot all about this job/idea! :embarrest::amuse:

I think Motobodge or reyland did a kit once upon a time....or was it talon?

Either way i think there are some pics on metropower, they may be deep in the depths of the search engine though :lol:

Okay not done much recently, but I've been playing with the grill to get some more cool air into the engine. I did have a cold air feed on my BMC CDA filter but I took it off earlier this year when we had all that rain, as I had placed it low-ish behind the bumper, I was paranoid of coming around a bend down a country lane, hitting a large puddle & sucking up water. Instead, I decided to remove the plastic grill inserts as their quite restrictive & replace them with mesh. But I wanted to do it neatly, I found a quality mesh manufacture a few miles away in Telford however, the stuff I wanted was quite expensive. Then I found this for sale...

SSA50539.jpg

The chap who made it up used MGZR mesh (why didn't I think of that?!) & has done a neat job off fitting it all together. The car it's from had been involved in accident. He had broken it up & was in the process of selling off the parts.

Weather permitting, I'm planning on fitting them tommorow. :bigsmile:

Thanks Charger! :D

M.A...
Holes behind the number plate is a good idea, problem is if I get the hole cutter out I may not be able to stop! :lol:

Thanks Charger! :D

M.A...
Holes behind the number plate is a good idea, problem is if I get the hole cutter out I may not be able to stop! :lol:
Loz's talon Swiss Cheese here we go!

Looks really nice mate, good work. The front still looks too friendly, get a bad boy bonnet and give it some attitude! :D

Had a new windscreen fitted yesterday, the old one had a stone chip that had been repaired but the one of the small cracks had started to grow again. Because the car hasn't got any sun visors due to the roll cage, I bought a screen for a MK1 Metro as these had a built in sun strip. I'm very chuffed with the end result. :bigsmile:

Befores:

Mini0002.jpg

Afters:

R0011628.jpg

So, not a lot happening recently so here is a quick update...

As most of you will have seen I now have my new shiny exhaust fitted.

I've also just bought a rear subframe brace of a chap, it's nothing complex really just a long bar with two bolts each end. But he was selling & it means I don't have to make one! :lol:

I've also bought some 6mm droop stops which contrary to what Masterauron thinks they aren't little blue tablets! :lol: Droop Stops are a pair of 6mm plates, these sit behind standard rear stops and stop the suspension dislocating when the car is lowered, they will stop the wheel dropping so far when extreme cornering.

shallot for now, but stay tuned! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Sounds very "Group N". I like it! Bits sound good, be fitted this weekend will they? :toung:

Fitted the school table leg, sorry the rear subframe brace today. Easy job, has to be one of the simplest mods ever!
I was going to tidy up the scratches but I thought I'd see if it bottoms out first, the brace came from a race car that was sitting a lot lower than mine. If its ok, I'll whip it off (ooo err! :amuse:) & paint it.

R0016167.jpg

Befores

R0016170.jpg

On we go, the ally spacers seem too much I may take em off & space it out with a couple of washers later.

R0016172.jpg

Off the stands, still a bit high as the suspension needs to settle, there's a ramp at the end of my road so we'll see if it catches on the way out to work tonight! :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back