Lowering my Clio..help

hi there u could either do it by fiting new sport shocks,or(the cheaper version)shorten ones already on the car...ofc the best would be to get new ones but if its too expencive for u the other version would do the job...:D the main diference would be handling.im not sure about the prices,but waynne and other guys from gb must know it... :)also there smt u should consider about whels-the diameter of the rims with the tires must remain same couse your performance and fuel economy could be affected!ull achive this by fiting low profile tires...this will affect your comfort and also they are much more expencive than normal tires...15" is ok but if u ask me 16" is too much not only beacouse the comfortnad money but that big wheels wouldn look good on smal car like clio(ofc thats my opinion).
anyway if u put new wheels or lower clio make sure to upload some pics so all of us could enjoy it :D

If you are going to lower the car, DO NOT do it by cutting the existing springs, this is only done by people who either haven't a clue as to what they are doing or are only interested in looks. Springs are not expensive but your life is so buy a set made for the job.

how expensive
£100 for cheap springs and no dampners. a day for you to fit with a haynes manual. and around another £100 to get the alignment sorted afterwards.

£400 for a semi decent spring and dampner set.

£2-900 for a coilover set

depends on how low you want to go

As little as I can really. Although I want to do i properly, upgrade all of the suspension. I dont really know a lot about suspension but i don't just want to buy smaller springs!

How do you mean as little as you can? You clearly have a budget so you must know roughly how much you want to spend. You want a good spring and damper set with adjustable damping minimum.

How do you mean as little as you can? You clearly have a budget so you must know roughly how much you want to spend. You want a good spring and damper set with adjustable damping minimum.
i would disagree with this if you are on a budget! adjustable damping is good if you can get a set cheap enough? and you know how to set it up correctly? but if you are new to suspension then a decent set of shocks and springs will do you nicely;)

Basically I didnt want to spend over about £200 as I 'need' wheels first. This is because I need to replace pretty much all the tyres on my current wheels and one needs repairing as the 'bead rim' is bent from where I have hit a pot hole. Is this something that can be repaired or do I need to buy a new alloy? Annnnd I was trying to get hold of some Renault Trophy Turini alloys but have realised I can't get them for under £600 excluding tyres so would be looking at about £800 for a set of new alloys and i DONT have that kind of money! Sooo ive had a new idea! I have the standard 15" alloys on my car atm BUT i could get them refurbed AND resprayed another colour, black or anthracite grey for example for about £200. I realised my hopes were unrealistic so I could then afford to spend a little bit more on lowering my car, PROPERLY. I got a quote from Ktec racing for about £430.
That is to fit this:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1791&appid=4
These are the alloys I have:
http://images.autoexposure.co.uk/AETA71601/AETV23970256_1b.jpg
Dyu think they would look good another colour? Also could i fit some 195/45 tyres onto a 15" wheel? Annnnd could i still lower my car or would you recommend lowering my car considering ill be keeping the existing wheels on there but lowering the profile of the tyre? Wow thats an esssay! be greatful to anyone that replies! Cheers

I think they'd look well smart in the same anthracite as the 182 wheels but at the end of the day it's your car and whatever you like goes. Yes you'll be fine lowering it on those wheels with a lower profile. Personally I'd go for coilovers so you can slam it 60mm+ for shows and stuff, have it low and stiff for track days then set it at around 40mm and softer for daily driving. That kit looks fine but make sure you get the camber adjustment bolts they have too.

Ye thats what i was thinking!! Or black, but then if i got stone chips or anything the silver underneath the black will show up easily and will look cack! No offense matey but im not guna be hitting any track days in my 1.2 just yet :sad2: annnnd my car is no show standard car yet! :bigsmile: Im sure the guys at Ktec will be able to advise me on how low aswell but 40mm sounds geewd to me! Dyu think my steering will tighten up after lowering it? and getting some lower profiles on it? Sorrrrry dont know a lot about suspension what are the camber adjustment bolts?

yes-the lower your car is its more stable,also wider tires help stability...yes your steering will be tighten up...youl feel much more "control of the car" and youl be able to achive much biger cornering speed...:D

Contact K-tec racing and ask about there £100 kits! They have some old surplus stock. 35mm lowered and uprated.
Front and rear springs and shocks! With the money you save, buy some solid strut mounts as the knocking will drive you crazy!