Lowering golf mk4

d1rtyh

Aloha, i would just like to know if i will need to roll my arches on my mk4 golf with 18" alloys when i have my air ride suspesion fitted? im kind of hoping with 18" they will just fit snug in the arches but people are telling me to roll them anyway so im ahead of the game. it would be greatly appreciated if some1 could help me, because like any1 i dont want to spend money i dont need to.

Depends a lot on the width and the profile of tyre. The rears should be ok for clearance as long as you don't go too low but the fronts will probably rub on full lock.

Hi,

What wayne said. Golf are well known for rubbing the front arches when lowered with big wheels. The other time you might encounter problems is if you go out with a fully loaded car, i.e. 4 people or a boot fool of luggage. If you're not likley to carry a full load then only worry about the front. But if you are I would personally get the rear done too.

I'd ask around the local body repair shops rather than the garages - they often have the 'roller' and will do a pretty neat job.

howdy,ive golt a mkiv golt gt tdi,fitted spax krypton gas coil overs.cant even get my pinkies between arches & tyres.had it loaded with my pals and she dont rub.p.s i havnt had my arches rolled and im running 2254018 on audi tt rims.she sweet.

howd you manage that im running with 225/45/17 on my tt wheels and theres only a few mm of clearance with the inside liners on full lock
whats the coil overs like i was looking at lowering the bora but not sure as shes handleing a hell of a lot better with the wider rubber on