Lowering Audi A5 cabriolet

TheMac

Car
audi a5 cabriolet
Does anyone know by how much the 'S' line Audi suspension lowers he height of the A5 cabriolet? I have been told 20mm by Audi but have since read its only 10mm - although it was an American forum and perhaps the suspension height varies from location to location. I would be reluctant to pay the cash / change my insurance etc for no noticeable gain.

Eibach seem to suggest that the 'S' line suspension lowers the A5 by approx 10mm.

Have any of you lowered your A5's and if so by how much?
Did the mod make a significant difference to the handling and did the ride deteriorate noticeably as a consequence?

Also if the car is lowered by say 25mm - a difference of maybe an additional 15mm is this likely to adversely affect the shock absorbers over a period of time?

Many thanks in anticipation of your input.

not 100% mate but if eibach say it lowers an addtional 10mm then i would say its 20mm lower than standard. Ebach normally being 30mm kits

as for on standard dampers are they the sline or standard ? as the sports suspension also has shorter dampeners

dropping 40mm on the standard ones will wear them out quicker than on the sports ones

Sorry for the brief replies and thanks for the responses.
Eibach pro springs for the A5 Cab are shown as lowering 20-25mm front and 20mm at back as per the Rude Racing website.
No one seems to know much about Audis nor lowering in any detail unless you are buying from them. I am looking for independent advice / confirmation.
I would lower the car by 25mm in total if:
it would handle more like a BMW 3 series or at least feel much more 'planted':
the sports suspension does not already lower the car by nearly as much already:
Lowering the car by say a further 10-15mm does nor adversely affect the shocks in the longer term - i.e. the next 10years or so.
Thanks
TheMac

Appologies for not addressing your question. The car already has 'S'line suspension.

Sorry for the brief replies and thanks for the responses.
Eibach pro springs for the A5 Cab are shown as lowering 20-25mm front and 20mm at back as per the Rude Racing website.
No one seems to know much about Audis nor lowering in any detail unless you are buying from them. I am looking for independent advice / confirmation.
I would lower the car by 25mm in total if:
it would handle more like a BMW 3 series or at least feel much more 'planted':
the sports suspension does not already lower the car by nearly as much already:
Lowering the car by say a further 10-15mm does nor adversely affect the shocks in the longer term - i.e. the next 10years or so.
Thanks
TheMac

its not so much the lack of info its more the amount of standard spring configurations
23 Standard Springs for the 4 cylinders alone - these cover normal S/Line and Uprated
11 Dampners
and thats for the fronts only (my ETKA isnt quite up to date so used a 2007 A4 as it uses pretty much the same chasis)

did the eibach springs say they were for the s line ? is so then they will have already taken into account the drop from a normal spring ( or at least should have )
over 10 years - there dampners will be most likely buggered anyway but using lower springs will increase the wear.

give damiem a call at http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ on 01207 561606

hopefully he might be able to sort you out and will price match if youve found it cheaper