Lowering a 1994 toyota tercel dx

egeiser412

Car
Toyota Tercel DX
hey everyone i need some help i wanna lower this 94 tercel and im kinda lost on what to do to it...ive seen my friends lowerd benz and bmws but i wanna lower my car bad i need help on how much to lower it from what i see the standard after market spings lower the car about 2 inches and i dont know if i want more because theres about 4 inches between my wheel and wheel well. anything helps thanks everyone

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Two inches sounds about right with a four inch gap currently available. I would not go lower unless you stiffen up the suspension considerably by using either lower and stiffer springs or changing the whole suspension to performance coil overs for instance.
If you replace the suspension with coil overs then remember to have the full geometry of the car realigned afterwards.

Before you lower your car you need to decide the purpose. If you want to slam it, add some camber and try and pull off 'stance' then budget coilovers will usually do the job (just remember you get what you pay for).

If you want to lower for the sakes of just looks, but only by a few mm then lowering springs will be fine (and not very expensive).

However, if you want to do things properly and lower it for the sake of making the car handle better then I suggest you get fully adjustable coilovers. That's what I have and it not only improves the visual sie of things because it's lower, but you gain performance aspects as well.

E36_098.jpg

E36_097.jpg

E36_099.jpg