lowering a 1.1

pae

Wrench Pro
Found a great article on lowering at http://www.badgermotorsport.co.uk/lowering.htm but i've a question regarding the 1.1.
In the article it says to remove the ARB bungs by unscrewing them, but i can't see any way of doing so. Is that because the 1.1 is different? Do the bungs need to be levered out? - EDITED - seen the answer in Haynes manujal - not all cars have ARB.

If i rebush the rear end with powerflex or similar, which bushes will I be replacing? Is iut worth using powerflex if I've a basic setup without ARB etc? Are they really goingf to add much or will I be just as well off by simply replacing any bushes with standard ones.

thanks in advance, Phil

Phil,

If you've gone for uprated shocks, then the bushes will be taking a harder pounding on every bump you go over, obviously as you've got a stiffer set-up. This is going to wear out the bushes faster. Powerflex bushes have been made with a stiffer set-up in mind, and therefore last longer with uprated shocks, so if that's what you've done then shelling out a bit more now will save you cash later on. If you've only replaced the springs and are still using standard shocks, then it's not as essential to upgrade if you don't want to. Although personally I still would, because I always like things that are better.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back