lowered spring

matrix406

Torque Junkie
Car
pug 406
i'm lookin at changing the springs on my car. i've got sports suspenion already which is 30mm drop from the factory. i wondered if i got 30m drop for a 1.8t would that be the same ride hight as i have now as the normal 1.8t didn't have the sports kit on it as standerd

Yup the sport kit is a 20mm drop although with age they drop a little more.

Bilstein suspension is pretty good on the Audi's. A 30mm drop from standard would be around your current level IMHO.

Yeh thats pretty much how they work. It's the same as the Calibras with Vauxhall. The 2.0 8v and 2.0 16v both have the same height springs, but the V6 and Turbo models have 20mm lower springs. So if you buy a 30mm kit, you will only get a furhter 10mm. Your best bet is get a good make and tell them what you want and go for a 40mm drop (10mm further on your current springs) but have some nice stiff springs at the same time ;).

i'll have to work out how low mine is now. as waynne has seen there isn't much room under the front of the car now as it is lol. speed bumps are starting to get on my nerves now

i do have a plastic sump guard. its not that its the front bumper has the votex bodykit on it plus the rs front splinter too. an speed bumps round here do make me slow down. to a crawl lol or i just go the long way round.

thanks bout welding my spring i'd shake it to bits lol

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back