Low flying Saabs & fire breathing kittens.

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Still like to meet some more tc'er's,

Are you coming to Santa Pod this year T9?

I am indeed J and the Pod is far away enough for me to have had the carbon fibre exterior trims fitted to the Beast as well! Happy days :)

Re: Are TC ever going to have a meet?

Awesome!! Will you be running the beast up the strip? I would be interrested in what time it posts.

Awesome!! Will you be running the beast up the strip? I would be interrested in what time it posts.

I will be but not at the meet i'm afraid J. The Beast won't be back until my birthday on the 14th of May and the meet is on the 15th. I will still have to put about 1500 miles on the new monster engine to run it in, so the big 1/4 mile run will happen but later on in the year! I intend to run full power with the NOS full on, but with no LSD and FWD I expect my times to be so so! Will try and film the event though and stick it on some easy to reach media! ;)

Get an LSD!! YOu need one :) How much power is your car expected to make with the new engine? Can you give us a break down of whats going in it?

NOOOOO NEVER!!!!,

Nah, I'm just kidding.... Mate seriously, you're going to end up with one of the fastest Saabs in the country I would reckon...

Who do the honers go to for the fastest then?
I think that will be froggy's 9000 with a huge Holset turbo on it, he had 600bhp before he put this mahoosive turbo on, he's also nearly finished his Reliant Kitten with a compound charged saab engine.
6cc32499.jpg

21017c0d.jpg

Last edited:

I think that will be froggie's 9000 with a huge Holset turbo on it, he had 600bhp before he put this mahoosive turbo on, he's also nearly finished his Reliant Kitten with a compound charged saab engine.
6cc32499.jpg

21017c0d.jpg
so at 600hp what would bhp per tonne be in a kitten:amazed::confused:??

i don't know, but I think the kitten will be producing more than 600bhp anyway, the engine produced 600bhp without the supercharger added.

Get an LSD!! YOu need one :) How much power is your car expected to make with the new engine? Can you give us a break down of whats going in it?

Well J, it's having a new 500 BHP race engine without a turbo being shipped in from Sweden. The forged pistons, strengthened rods etc have been replaced with another version as I stated that it must be able to take a 75BHP jets - 150BHP power output NOS kit at full tilt on track days.
The addition of my GT30 hybrid turbo which is being rebuilt yet again with more go faster goodies to increase power and to reduce the spool up time a little more, should see the power above 600BHP with NOS pushing it comfortably past the 700 mark. ;)

Fuel economy has gone right out of the window now :lol:

The beast is also having a special one off tubular manifold being shipped in from the same company, and also having a lot of work with regards to fueling issues attended too.

On the 7th of May my baby is being lifted up and carried to Simpson Race Exhausts to have her new exhaust system from the turbo back made and fitted. Estimate it's return to the garage on the 10th to have the remap done with some further tweaking to do and then the collection on the 14th as my birthday gift to me! :bigsmile:
There was talk of it being ready on Friday the 13th :amazed: Not wanting to tempt fate or providence I decided on the Saturday collection.
The carbon fibre trims are still on backorder but I can live with this. Then it's a gentle run up the motorway to Santa Pod on the Sunday morning to start reducing the run-in mileage.

i don't know, but I think the kitten will be producing more than 600bhp anyway, the engine produced 600bhp without the supercharger added.

I know my place! and it's behind that monster on the track :lol:

As standard they weigh a little over 500kg all in, so how does 1200bhp/tonne sound?

I will assume there has been a few tastefully done mods to the body like a full roll cage and a stripped interior and with a supercharger taking it upwards of 650/700bhp I reckon 1400bhp/tonne is a fair estimate :amazed::amazed::blink:

compare that to the standard output of 40bhp and 46ftlb torque and I think it'll be a bit of a handful :lol:

Last edited:
Grats P :)

@T Jesus Chirst, hats off to you sir, you really don't do things by halves!
So how many unsuspecting nuptys do you think you have burnt off now?

You really should have made a project thread on here so we can keep track off all this mentalness (I mean that in a good way though :) )

Also, In the future I'd have to make a 306 with a 2.3T saab engine in just for kicks!!
And it's all your fault :lol: :lol: Seriously though I have been thinking about it for ages and I reckon it would be awesome, slap on a Dimma body kit as well and it would complete the madness (Dimma body kit is the same as the 306 Maxi rally car for those of you who aren't in the know ;) )
I've seen a 306 with a C20LET (redtop turbo, not to be confused with a Z20LET) but this would be even more insane!!

Grats P :)

@T Jesus Chirst, hats off to you sir, you really don't do things by halves!
So how many unsuspecting nuptys do you think you have burnt off now?

You really should have made a project thread on here so we can keep track off all this mentalness (I mean that in a good way though :) )

I think your right about the project thread J, but I don't think I would be very good at that sort of thing! A lot of it is down to spur of the moment type decisions, I get an idea in my head and to be truthful it takes a lot of shifting once i've made my mind up :)

Also, In the future I'd have to make a 306 with a 2.3T saab engine in just for kicks!!
And it's all your fault :lol: :lol: Seriously though I have been thinking about it for ages and I reckon it would be awesome, slap on a Dimma body kit as well and it would complete the madness (Dimma body kit is the same as the 306 Maxi rally car for those of you who aren't in the know ;) )
I've seen a 306 with a C20LET (redtop turbo, not to be confused with a Z20LET) but this would be even more insane!!

This sounds like quite a project, if you need a reliable source for checked and guaranteed Saab engines let me know! :)

As standard they weigh a little over 500kg all in, so how does 1200bhp/tonne sound?

I will assume there has been a few tastefully done mods to the body like a full roll cage and a stripped interior and with a supercharger taking it upwards of 650/700bhp I reckon 1400bhp/tonne is a fair estimate :amazed::amazed::blink:

compare that to the standard output of 40bhp and 46ftlb torque and I think it'll be a bit of a handful :lol:

Those are very impressive figures!
I think og has met his match with this 1.

The 2ltr and 2.3's have become quite popular in Vauxhalls! Cause they are very cheap to buy and are easier to sorce than a reliable let. And quite cheap to get to 300+hpB-)

Straight fit are they?

They are monster engines, and like you say easy to get 300 hp out of, the 9-5 HOT 2.3 can get that from just a remap