Looking for LSD's and SuperCharger solutions for E Class

westcott

Tuner
Car
E550 AMG Sport P2
I have priced Kleeman and Renntech for these parts but have to believe there are more cost effective solutions out there.

Anyone got some mfg names I should be researching?

Quaife and Rotrax spring to mind. What ratio of diff do you want? Is this for drifting or just fast road use?

IF the car has a supercharger on it you can eek out a bit more power by changing the pulleys.;)

Quaife and Rotrax spring to mind. What ratio of diff do you want? Is this for drifting or just fast road use?

IF the car has a supercharger on it you can eek out a bit more power by changing the pulleys.;)

I checked with Quaife but they do not have a solution for my 2008. I will look up Rotrax and see what they have available.

I was hoping to reuse my ring and pinion gear, if not, gearing that is comparable or lower than factory. I still want to maintain some semblence of gas mileage which is pretty good IMO (19.7 mpg). My wife and I still like to take weekend road trips with it so fast road use would be my answer.

Thanks for the heads up.

Let us know what you turn up. I'm sure there are others in your area wanting to do the same thing.;)

Sorry my bad it should be rotrex! :( :embarrest: http://www.rotrex.com/

Well, I did some research and Rotrex does BMW's all day long but nothing for Mercedes.

I checked on another company, Auburn Gear and they also do not provide for Mercedes. I throw this last company name in for those looking for American Car LSD solutions. They do have just about everything for our cars and trucks.

I think I will just have to bite the bullet and go with the Kleeman solution. Its not pretty and its not cheap but at least they have a good reputation and will buy me some credibility with the garage later when I install a supercharger from Kleeman, as well.

Keep us posted and do post up some before and after pics of the engine bay when you have the supercharger done! ;)

Keep us posted and do post up some before and after pics of the engine bay when you have the supercharger done! ;)

Well, my search continues and I contacted EvoSport out of Huntington Beach, CA. They say the the Quaife for the E55 and E63 will fit in my car. The price is US$1789.00 with a one year warranty. I am confident that I can get it installed with little concern of voiding parts of my warranty. I doubt one would be able to tell it had an upgraded differential unless one was looking for it. Labor is around US$1,000. I am hoping for a couple tenths improvement 0-60mph and possibly more when I install the supercharger later. The latter will definately have to wait unitl my warranty is up. No hidding it. I am trying to work a deal with the installer to remap my ECU as often as necessary for a flat rate. Any changes will affect what is needed and any dealer service will require a return to stock settings. Not sure the 20HP gain is worth the trouble without installing a supercharger and not having to deal with warranty issues. I will keep everyone posted with photos hopefully.

http://www.evosport.com/product/proddetail.aspx?partnum=QFE.DRV.MBZ.002

Last edited:
Any updates yet? When does it go in for the work?:D

I found a company called AutoTech out of California that has the Quaife unit for US$1400. I have not checked on shipping costs.

It sells for less in the UK. About $1100 equivelant, so I am still shopping. Not convinced that with VAT and shipping, this would save me any money or hassle.

I also need to call AutoTech and confirm that they guarantee its a direct swap. It is still very expensive to R and R so I don't want to be left holding the bag if it does not fit.

I will keep everyone posted. The Quaife system is supposed to be the way to go. No clutches to wear and it comes with a lifetime warranty. If I can drop 2 to 3 tenths off my time to 60mph, I will be VERY happy. The added benefit of better cornering will not be lost on me either!!!