Looking for a new offroader

Hansi

Track Warrior
Car
Getz GLS 1.6
Hi there, back again after a long time off the forums.

I'm currently looking at a renewal of my car and am trying to decide between a few models. One is an MMC L200 turbo diesel, Nissan double cab, 2,5 tdi and then a Nissan Terrano II 2,5 tdi.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these cars engine and drivetrain wise and could give me some pointers. The car will be going through some modifications once I get it so handling and other performance will not be the same as on the original.

Also if you could give me some ideas of other good models. Already know of the Land Rovers and Suzukis but haven't found any of those yet that suit me and the kind of stuff I'll be using them for

Hi Hansi it's good to see you back buddy :)

I cannot help you with any advice towards the models mentioned, hopefully somebody will be along in a while with some relevant information for you.

Good luck :)

Thanks T9,

Right now I'm leaning towards a Toyota 4Runner 3 litre diesel. Only thing is that it does have a lot of milage on it (290.000 km / 180.000 miles). Does anyone have any experience with how these engines handle this kind of milage. I know it is a toyota and will probably outlive us all but still would be good to know if anyone has gone down that road

Welcome back, really good to hear from you again buddy! If it's been regularly serviced particularly oil changes you should have no problems at all.

Went to look at the 4Runner today and all seemed good engine and drivetrain wise. Driveshafts newly replaced and gearbox serviced and rebuilt less than 10.000 km ago. Engine had a good maintenance history but the tires were pretty much done and on a modified car like that one new tires would cost almost as much as the car (car was cheap at ca. 4000 pounds, new tires at that size ca. 3500 pounds for a set of 4). Also found out that the insurance and road tax might be a bit high on a modified jeep like that while at uni so I might have to wait another year until I'm graduated.

Just got a new job though along with school so I'll see how that pays and see if I can't find another nice one a bit less modified that I can afford to run on that paycheck...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back