Looking at new Jags-HELP!

oliver507

Hi Y'all,
I'm trying to get enough information to make an informed decision and hope the good folks here can assist me in my endeavor. My quandry is do I acquire either a 07 or a 08 Vande Plas, and does ECU remapping give one any significant improvements in bhp, torque, and fuel economy? Sorry for the wordy guestion.

Happy cruising,
Oliver507

sorry whats the Vande Plas never heard of it prob means it comes under another name over here
remapping will always give an increase in torque and therefore bhp but how much depends on whether or not its the supercharged petrol engine or a diesel one

sorry struggling to find remaps for jags

expect 8-10 bhp from a NASP engine and 20-40 from supercharged and up to 60 from the diesel one

The 2.7 diesel will go to about 260bhp over the standard 204 without being stressed at all. You could prbably get over 300 but you'd need extra cooling for the turbochargers.

The 2.2 will probably do around 190bhp with a remap.

All will serve up more than enough torque to keep the traction control happy all day long.

With any tuned vehicle it's wise to keep to the service schedule. IF you have one of these long service interval efforts then change the oil and filters halfway between each major inspection.

With turbos you absolutely MUST let the engine idle for 2-3 minutes so that the heat can be removed from the blowers.

Why on earth would anyone buy a Diesel Jaguar.
Ones to go for are the XJ8 3.2 Sport or the XJR

Thats a point of veiw and I would have in the past agreed.

I have for years driven 4.2 XJ petrol sov wonderfull car.
Around 5 months ago I changed the petrol for an Xtype 2.2 diesel estate all the bells and whistles sov spec again.

Its very very good quite ,powerfull and fast enough . The new 6 speed auto box is first class ( I use it in manual mode sometimes and get over 40 mpg.

Yes I miis the V8 but belive me there is nothing wrong with the diesel.

Larry D
:lol:

Hi larry and welcome to TorqueCars (Sorry for the delay in replying I've been on holiday!)

The new Diesels Jags are very impressive machines.