Longest time off the road

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the longest time your car has ever been off the road?

My 220 GTi was off the road for 3 months at one point.

Two weeks while the Carbon Fibre NACA Ducts were being fitted into the bonnet! it seemed like an eternity :sad2:

I think we have a winner. But I suspect you are using it as a shed rather than getting it back on the road! ;)

You have now :)

Broke Elan on 6 June 1982 at the Street Racing Championships.

Crikey OG 1982 :amazed: clearly you are a man of infinite patience when it comes to rebuilding cars! I'm sure it will prove to be an absolute peach when it's finished :)

Weeeellll, I didn't touch it for 19 years. When my wife said I had better rebuild it whilst I can still drive I dragged it out of the shed that was falling down around it. Initiallty I was going to rebuild engine and go all posh; electrically operated doors, plush interior, de-handled. etc, etc. Whilst working out what to do I stripped the car down to the chassis. At this point I came to my senses. Decided that I wasn't going to get much more power out of the twin cam so decided to go Cosworth route and it snowballed from there.

My current cars longest time off the road stands at 6 days, I've had two occasions where this has happened and it seems to take 6 days for a garage to get the parts and get round to doing the work for me!

My C63 AMG was off the road for just over 3 months having warranty work completed... good old Mercedes. I got that fed-up of waiting and kicked that much of a fuss they eventually replaced the car! So technically, the first one never went back on the road!

Just a month. When I met a car accident. I was speeding fast a didn't notice that a delivery truck (with faulty tail lights) was in front of my truck.