Long time no see guys

one in a million

Road Burner
Car
CLIO 182 YAY!!
Hey people, just upgraded from a clio 1.4l to a renault clio 182. Well what can i say apart from its a hell of a change in power, lol. anyway i would like to start modifying but my insurance is £1600 a year so i might go with adrian flux, to see if its cheaper lol so any tips for modifying my car. its a silver clio i will get some pics uploaded soon, but im thinking of getting the wheels sprayed gloss black. what you think?

o and are there any clio meets in kent at all, i wouldnt mind meeting up and cruising down with any body.

Tell Adrian Flux you are a TorqueCars member and you'll get money off! Nice upgrade by the way, I bet you are loving it. Good to hear from you again.

Oh & we are meeting at Timmy's body shop in Cranbrook tomorrow, it would be cool if you could make it!

See the meets forum for details.

You wont regret it mate, epic car. I had a 172 and I wish I'd never sold it.

A decent induction kit makes a bit of difference, altho it's a very free revving engine anyway.

I had one of these - tight fit but doable:

16F-Renault_Clio_RS2000L.jpg

Last edited:
yeah cheers mate, yeah i took it on the m25 the first day i got it, i drop it from fith to fourth gear and it flew. sent a shiver down my spine. so the induction kit that you have in your picture, is that the one you would reccomend? i was thinking about a kn air induction but not a cone a panel filter.

i will get some pictures of my clio up this weekend, then hopefully if my insurance doesnt go up then im going to start modifying slightly to give it a smart appearance.

yeah completley standard, 1 previous women owner before, you can tell by the scuffs in the wheels lol, got 24,000 on the clock and i payed £6000 on a 2005 plate. i been looking around at the prices they go for, and i think it worked out all right. i payed an extra £250 to get all the belts done and auxillry belts done just to be on the safe side as they were due. I phoned up adrian flux today, my insurance is £1600 a year and they said next year my insurance will be £1200 which is fantastic for me lol so when i add me mum on it, it should go down a little more lol.

yeah been so busy havent got round to taking the pictures yet but i will have them up by saturday, then im going to get my wheels refurbed and sprayed eventually.

yeah cheers mate, yeah i took it on the m25 the first day i got it, i drop it from fith to fourth gear and it flew. sent a shiver down my spine. so the induction kit that you have in your picture, is that the one you would reccomend? i was thinking about a kn air induction but not a cone a panel filter.

sorry for acting like a div but i don;t know much lol what does an induction kit do? :lol:

If you fit an induction kit with a dedicated cold air feed then it will result in increased performance of the engine. The cooler the air going into the engine the better the combustion and better performance.
Note though that it won't see huge gains but if properly fitted with a cold air supply you should see some slight gains.

I've had K&Ns and CDAs in the past and imo CDAs are better. They're bigger tho which can be an issue in crammed engine bays. I find they just tend to let the engine rev more freely.

well might do, just worried as cars have been made to suit the performance, if i go for a remap, then im going to be putting strain on the engine then im going to have do other modifications, im not that serious yet, quite happy with the 182bhp its got lol. when i get bored tho, i wont bother buying another car i will then get a tuning company to upgrade the engine lol

well might do, just worried as cars have been made to suit the performance, if i go for a remap, then im going to be putting strain on the engine then im going to have do other modifications, im not that serious yet, quite happy with the 182bhp its got lol. when i get bored tho, i wont bother buying another car i will then get a tuning company to upgrade the engine lol

It obviously will put more strain on the engine but hardly any, not enough to have to change anything or for it to be unreliable. When you do get bored, come see me as I'm not far from you or next time I'm in Kent as Ive got family there I can map your car :cool:

I wouldn't worry about that. The way you should look at it is most cars are actually purposefully detuned or restricted from the factory for a numbers of reasons (emmissions, mpg, fall in place within a product line-up, cost etc etc). I know it's French but even 13bhp won't do any harm to the engine lol.

It's 182ps btw, not bhp!

It obviously will put more strain on the engine but hardly any, not enough to have to change anything or for it to be unreliable. When you do get bored, come see me as I'm not far from you or next time I'm in Kent as Ive got family there I can map your car :cool:

hw much u qouting for a remap thn??

ok mate i got it, cheers fella, well first thing first on my list, i got to sort out security guys. going to get me a security camera and a bollard for me drive way. Then for christmas im getting me tracker fitted. since i have had me wheels and that done i have noticed it has caused attention. So once thats sorted i will then install me sound system, and i will seriously think about a RE-MAP after all the comments posted i suppose 13bhp isnt going to make much more of a strain on the engine, so you have persuaded me in that department now. Now all i have to get over is my insurance being as i pay £1600 a year i wonder if putting the RE-MAP on me car is going to lower my insurance lol which i doubt but i suppose thats life, and should be well worth all the investment when im done lol.

Now all i have to get over is my insurance being as i pay £1600 a year i wonder if putting the RE-MAP on me car is going to lower my insurance lol which i doubt but i suppose thats life, and should be well worth all the investment when im done lol.

Just don't tell them, they have no way of finding out. They're not going to plug a computer into the ecu and if they do it won't tell them anything.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back