Little Break, Little Change...

Bertrum

Torque Junkie
Car
Mondeo Zetec S TDCi
Hello folks,

Been away for a little while and as you may remember I had my 406 remapped.

Well the Pug decided it didnt want to play anymore and snapped it cambelt at the same time as the DMF exploded. Great.

So now after getting burnt with a couple of French diesels I turned elsewhere. I bought a 52 plate Mondeo Zetec S TDCi

Now im chuffed. Got it on a Rolling Road yesterday and it supposed to be the 130PS model. Well here is the car and the graph....

Im well happy and should of bought one of these in the first place....
Comments welcome

not much to be honest.

Its already got factory Xenons, 18"'s, Nav, etc etc.

thinking i might lower it a little and then a remap a while down the road.

Pretty happy with how it drives, pulls really well and it doesnt want for too much more power.

a work mate bought 1 of these a few weeks back and said they really struggle to get traction. not sure if this is cause he is used to a rwd diesel or not but after a week of owning it he took it back and ended up getting another 3 series diesel

just curious do you struggle with getting traction???

Ermmm yes and no really.

Its got a bit of torque steer and can make the traction control kick in quite frequently if you are really heavy footed from a standstill. If you turn the TC off and boot it, it will go where it wants and will very easily light up the front tyres.

But then it does have quite a chunk of torque low down

However its got enormous amounts of lateral grip. Will not slide around bends at all.

Sorry to hear about the Pug. Talk about double unlucky!

The Mondeo looks like a good buy. Any plans to remap it?

Sorry to hear about the Pug. Talk about double unlucky!

The Mondeo looks like a good buy. Any plans to remap it?

Cheers, was a bt gutted when the Pug went wrong but now im thinking it was a blessing in disguise. An expensive blessing mind but hey ho.

Strange thing is that was out with a mate earlier in his '6, as we pulled away, loud bang and dead engine. great, im thinking i have a pug curse.

As for a remap, its certainly something ill be doing but probably not for a little while. got a couple of other things i want to sort out on the car first.

Sorry to hear about the pug Ian, hope you don't think it's my fault :(

Give me a shout when you want it remapped ;)

Course i dont think its your fault. lol

and as soon as i want it mapped ill be straight on the phone to you. :bigsmile:

Using those graphs does that mean you want to keep the engine in 1800 to 3000 rpm? Is that just the power curve or also torque?

Just curious I like graphs.

Using those graphs does that mean you want to keep the engine in 1800 to 3000 rpm? Is that just the power curve or also torque?

Just curious I like graphs.

The green line is the torque the red the bhp.

Youre right in saying keep the car between 1800 and 3000. Its where all its torque is therefore most of its acceleration. But to be honest it pulls really well right upto its "red-line"

Remap power graph
FORD_20_TDCi_128bhp.jpg

The green line is the torque the red the bhp.

Youre right in saying keep the car between 1800 and 3000. Its where all its torque is therefore most of its acceleration. But to be honest it pulls really well right upto its "red-line"
So that's what they mean by power band!