Little advise please

jedi201751

Car
Marlin Kit Car 1500
good evening fellow members.
I have an ongoing project that is fitting a turbo from a Subaru to a Triumph 1500 engine to be fitted in to light weight kit car, I am finding it a little difficult to find good technical information on such a project.
I will be setting it up as a blow through but the technical information I am looking for is how much to have taken off the tops of the pistons or try going with 3 head gaskets
because it is quiet a large turbo I plan to use.
if any one has any advise it would be very greatfully acepted.
thanks
Mike

The first things that comes to mind is forget it.

I would suspect that the rods will bend and the pistons will melt.

I suggest that if you intend it to last then a forged bottom end with a Cometic head gasket and ARP head studs and MPI plus a programmable EMS/computer is a must as the blow thru turbo system is from the dark ages and will present tuning difficulties.

Machining /weakening the piston crowns in a boosted engine to lower the compression is only asking for trouble.

And 3 head gaskets .V(

Sorry to rain on your project but the above is my 2 cents worth.

I doubt the 1500 engine will push enough exhaust gases to properly drive the turbo. A remote turbo setup might work better for you but you'll need to dramatically drop the compression ratio of the engine.

What is the current compression ratio?

Is the motor an old OHV out of a Herald or Spitfire and IF so then no matter what you do to it I doubt that it will be as reliable/fast as say a stock 3 cylinder 12 valve twin cam turbo Japanese motor.