Limite Slip Diff for a V6 24V saloon

ninjasta

Wrench Pro
Car
VXR8
Hi,
Has anyone found a 1.5 way Geared Torque biasing Diff to fit the ML5T 5sp Gearbox?
In the longer run I am looking to fit some form of FI but haven't found any suitable diffs. I can only find Diffs for BE3 gearbox not the ML5T.

No the ML gearbox is different, it's actually a better gearbox much stronger than the BE3,

Quaife used to do one so if you get in contact with them I'm sure than will be able to sort you out

Brett

Really? on a van? lol

I think they might be a new generation ML gearbox, I do know they old Peugeot partner was based on the 306/ZX/Xsara and used all the same running gear but the new 2.0 16v hdi's use an ML gearbox because of the extra torque and they use an extra gear

just read the article, and it's not really an LSD that would be suitable for ninjasta as hes looking for on road grip rather than all road and I dare say he wouldn't want any electronic interference.

However, it does look rather good I have to say, nice find Loz :)

Darn it! :lol:

I'm a little surprised seeing how ubiquitous the ML5T gearbox seems to be that you can't get an LSD for it. Do Peugeot still have a section where you can buy motorsport parts from? I think they used to didn't they.

Hi Guys Thanks for the replies.

After some research I think I might have found a Suitable Candidate.
It seems that Renault used the The ML5T and ML6T boxes and the ES9 J4S engine in the Phase 1 Renault Clio V6 And V6 Laguna (Renault engine Code was L7X) Though they switch to Nissan V6 sourced engines for later models.

Any way Quaife do a Diff unit the Clio V6 - QDF10M.
http://www.quaife.co.uk/catalogue/products/qdf10m
It may some need customisation though since Clio V6 was RWD the diff may be a 2way application rather than 1.5 way split preferred for FWD applications.
I also founs a ref in a 205 forum relating to ES9 J4S enigne transplant into a 205.
This ref though old references using a Quaife ATB sourced for use in the Peugeot Boxer VAN!
I guess some construction company must have done a fleet purchase of Boxer vans and fitted some LSD diffs for off road construction work - Can't what other reason you'd want an LSD diff in a Van for.

It was the other way round chap, Nissan use Renault V6's as for the diff, you don't measure an ATB diff like a plate or clutch type LSD, no idea why but that's what Quafie told me,

Does seem strange that a boxer van would need a diff as well...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back