lexus L400 v8 Alarm issues

Gallcobair

Wrench Pro
Car
N/A
Alright folks,
This one might be a bit off topic but, theres a lexus L400 v8 1996 (I think) and I changed the battery in it, now the security light is on beside dash and the car is immobilised. I have been told to leave the key in the ignition for 6 minutes to reset the security then start the engine.
This doesnt seem to work, the hazzard lights will flash when the door is open and the key inserted and will continue in 30sec intervals, the key fob doesn't seem to make a difference, and I have replaced the battery on the fob as well. This will stop when the door is closed again but the security light on the dash is still on.
Any help or suggestions (apart from burning the car) is very welcome, Thanks

Re: Lexus Forum

sorry cant help as such but have you checked the manual ? it could be theat the key needs to go through a series of movements in the ignition before it will start.
ie
pos 1, off, pos 1, pos 2, pos1, pos2, pos1, off ,pos1, off

sorry when i had my ls400 i had it parked up for a few months with a flat battery
it even reset the mileage back to 0 never seen it before
but i put a jump pack on it and half a turn and it was away

but if i was you i would do it with out opening the door
open the window before you start turn the ing on have a cup of tea come back then start it throu the window

but i have never heard of a proplem like that

Thanks for the replys lutonmatt:
but if i was you i would do it with out opening the door open the window before you start turn the ing on have a cup of tea come back then start it throu the window but i have never heard of a proplem like that[/QUOTE said:
I have tried this too but the alarm still activates the hazzards when the key is put in the ignition.

pgarner: The manual isn't much help on the situation, but you could be right about the key sequence, i'll have to look into that further.
Thanks

This must be driving you nuts. Have you tried asking the main stealers?

It might just need the fob and immobiliser resetting and syncronising?

HA HA nuts isnt the word for it! This thing is my nemesis dude!
I've asked the main dealers, every back street garage that i know has worked on one and auto electric guys to find a bypass but no joy.

I think your right waynne, syncronising the fob seems to be the only answer, can this be done on an after-market computor rather than a dealers?

If it was up to me, i'd swallow my pride and accept defeat.....but its not my car, its my bosses, and he doesn't want to take it to LEXUS due to the costs.

Thanks for the reply.