Lexus Forum

Hi there dazjono. Theres lots of options on the Lexus. Go mad with a supercharger, drop in a Supra engine or just do the regular mods....

(Induction kits, fuel boost valve,sports catalyst,sports exhaust, fast road cams, gas flowed head and finally a remap to tie it all together.) - Hows that little list then?

What's up peeps? I'm new to the forum (1st day), as you may see, I have an automatic 92 Lexus SC300. She's been covered up and parked for about the last 3 years. It's a stock car that I'd like to wake up. Is it possible to get this car into the 12's thru the quarter mile with the 5 to 6K bucks I have to invest. And if so, can anyone provide me with the road map??

hey and welcome to the site mate

1st up would be to drain the whole car of fluids and replace the lot. also be gentle with the car for a while until every thing frees up

12s is quite a target, what does it do at the moment? You'll need a supercharger and nitrous IMHO to get near that.

Welcome to TorqueCars, nice to have you with us.

hello guys, am a new member here as i joined yesterday.
what a fantastic fourm, i truely got some useful information.
i have a question about engine swaping and am not sure if here is the right place to ask but my question is :
is it possible that i swap my lexus gs300 2000 (2jz-GE engine) with a 2jz-GTE and what other adjustments should i do or add. and is it important to add an inter cooler.

hey and welcome mate.

of course its possible its down to how much time and money youve got
if it does swap straight over i would advise uprating the brakes and suspension along with the gearbox as the turbo will add a whack of torque and the standard clutch probably wont last long.
once you start playing about with the power you may also need to start looking at the gear box

thanks pgarner i didnt expect anyone to reply that soon,
actually am thinking about swaping the stock 2jz-GE vvti with a 2jz-GTE vvti (supra engine)
but my real question now : should i add an intercooler or its alright as long as it is a stock engine !!!!!!! am confused !

Hey Romero210! I gotta SC400 V8 & tranny for you that will definitely wake her up!!

inverness to dubai thats got to cost something through parcel force lol

with the supra engine i would say go for the intercooler for what itll cost to plumb it in and the benifits from it it doesnt make sense not to

Hi,
I have a 97/98 Toyota Camry Sport 3.0L V6. I've seen pics of a Lexus ES300 and it looks almost iden-tickle.

I believe the Lexus has twin throttles on the intake and maybe some exhaust differences... or not. Anyone know for sure what the differences are?

OTOH, I've never seen another Camry Sport in my area - let alone an ES300, so probably never find one to get any possible upgrades off!!

Paul.