Let's Roll

jackolson

Car
1990 Corolla AE92
Hi guys,

I'm jack from Manila Philippines. I own a 1990 Toyota Corolla, AE92 with a 4af carby, 1.6L 16valve dohc engine. It's still all stock, except for the rims and wheels, diy exhaust system, using gas shocks now, stiffer springs, lowered the front, lifted the rear, using aftermarket intakes...and some diy decals, lol.

Anyway, I'm joining because I want to catch up on things, but forgive me, I'm an old school guy. I never really get the hang of hi-tech systems...but I want to learn how things work.

My car is for daily drives, but hopefully I can transform it to a track car for personal satisfaction only. I don't think I can still race like before, I mean the culture of racing is a bit odd for me now, because of all the gadgets around.

But hey, if I can, why not. Thanks for welcoming and bless us all our rides. Now let's step on it shall we. :bigsmile:

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Thanks to all. Yup, I'm just about to rest awhile and get something to eat first but I was browsing topics here and there. I have lots of plans but I guess finding money first should be my priority, LOL.

Here's a rundown on some of what I want to do, hopefully:

1. engine overhaul (i dont want to swap engine, i love my carby 4af)
2. fabricate my own under chassis braces (cant afford Ultra Racing yet)
3. strip out my car interior, I want it barebone, just 2 seats, gauges only
4. trick out my hood with hood vents for cooling the engine bay
5. i'm looking for a nice set of rally racing rims
6. i'm trying to find out which coil over system is best for my car
7. i also need to rebuild my carb

i'm crazy thinking maybe i can convert my FWD to a RWD AE92, i like my car so i'm not yet into buying a new one

thanks and hope to enjoy my stay here

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back