Leon -increasing power

Leontopsport

Car
Seat Leon1.6 16v,03
Hi all.
I bought 6 months ago Seat Leon 1.6 16v,2003. 77KW/105 BHP .I want to ask you about advice and help.What can i do about to increas hoursepower.

HI Leontopsport,

Yes i i think we can help you mate, What sort of poer gain you looking for, we've got a whole host of option from turbo kit, cams, headwork porting etc, Let us know what BHP you want and we can go from there!!!

Hi there leontopsport and welcome to TorqueCars nice to have you along. Whats your insurance going to be like on a modified engine?

I'm curious to see what ACE comes up with for this. I have a few ideas of my own but can't get it to 200 bhp without forced induction. I would have though the NASP limit on the engine is around th 150-160 bhp mark.

Yer i am working out the sort of gain we can achieve, The problem is £1500 doesn't really cover a supercharger/turbo kit,

I am talking to my head man today to see what he reckons we can get out of it, looking into cams, and high flow exhaust manifold, Again its all about budget, i reckon we can get to around the 180 BHP bu really improve the low end torque

I'm still around leontopsport, like you waiting for ACE to get back with some suggestions. I know he's pretty stacked out with work at the moment.

I would say induction kit, sports exhaust & sports catalyst, fuel pressure boost valve, fast road cams and uprated injectors. Still curious to see the specifics of what ACE is thinking of though.;)

I would say induction kit, sports exhaust & sports catalyst, fuel pressure boost valve, fast road cams and uprated injectors.
These words are music for my ears mate.:lol: I do not want burn out my engine so what do you think what is the safe limit to tune this 1.6 engine?How many BHP can we Get from this engine safely?I mean i want to use this car for longer not just for 1 summer,Do you know what i mean?

I'd aim for the 130 - 150 mark if it were me. You shouldn't have too much trouble with reliability then.
Those 150BHP is without turbo charger or supercharger ?So if 150BHP would be enough for me then what exactly i need to buy and how much will cost me each parts approximately?

Hi Leon,

Ok i reckon we spiral flow the head and with a high lift cam we should be able to get some really decent power out of it, That and a high flow airfilter should really see goo torque gains,

I reckon to do the head work and i reckon around £1750 to fit the new cam and refit the head to the block, Exhaust become a little too expensive i think for your budget however i think this is going to be the way.If you want be to source a high performance exhaust let me know,

Hi Leon,

Ok i reckon we spiral flow the head and with a high lift cam we should be able to get some really decent power out of it, That and a high flow airfilter should really see goo torque gains,

I reckon to do the head work and i reckon around £1750 to fit the new cam and refit the head to the block, Exhaust become a little too expensive i think for your budget however i think this is going to be the way.If you want be to source a high performance exhaust let me know,
I really really want to get some more power from my leon but i think £1750 is too much for mz budget.Do you know about some cheaper option?I know with cheaper solution i will get less power but that is the case now.So What you reckon?Some cold air in take system,new custom exhauts system,chip tuning how many more BHP could i get like this?Or what else could i do and how much more bhp could i get like that?

Sorry about that leontopsport - not sure where ACE is i guess he's snowed under. Now that you have 10 posts you should be able to send a private message click his name and choose the send private message option.

I would say to go for the usual extras, sports exhaust (not too big) induction kit and fast road cams with an FSE boost valve and you'll have a bit more power. You will still be talking in the order of £8-900 for these mods.

Sorry about that leontopsport - not sure where ACE is i guess he's snowed under. Now that you have 10 posts you should be able to send a private message click his name and choose the send private message option.

I would say to go for the usual extras, sports exhaust (not too big) induction kit and fast road cams with an FSE boost valve and you'll have a bit more power. You will still be talking in the order of £8-900 for these mods.
£8-900 sounds much better.Sports exhaust ,induction kit and fast road cams with an FSE boost valve approximetly how many more bhp can give me?

HI leon,

Sorry mate, Getting on top of things now!! Yer i reckon a induction filter, fast road cam, and flowing, Sports exhaust i will build a quote up for you tomorrow, What is your max and what do you want as your end BHP gain?

he could allways look on ebay for a 20vT set up?? iv seen the golf (150bhp) engine,box, loom, ecu etc for around £800 and leon cupra (180bhp) from around 900 but then again by the time he put it in the car and payed out you may aswell of bought a cupra in the first place -- if you wanted the big bhp why didnt you buy a cupra or cupra R??