Leon FR TDI how do I get more horses?

Rustyboy4

Tuner
Car
Seat Leon FR TDI
Hi All,

As you can see I'm a youngster to the site so I was looking for a bit of help!

I'm driving a remapped Leon TDI FR just now. It's been remapped with a pipercross panel filter and sports exhaust giving it about 215bhp (just over 350lb/ft). I've done the sensible thing and uprated the brakes to handle the adjustment in power but that's where it stops and like most things I now want more. I know asking 300bhp out of the engine is pushing the limits of reality but is there anything else I can do to rip some more power out of it without compromising the block?

I was thinking of a new turbo upgrade along with a sporting clutch, lighter flywheel and a stage 2 remap but I'm just looking for ideas at the minute. Unfortunately as with most things I have a limited supply of cash so was looking for suggestions.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I was having a look on the bible that is google last night and was wondering what the chances of increasing the fuel injectors on the TDI is? That is assuming they have them and not direct port electronic numbers? I know this wouldonly increase the fuel flow but along with the exhaust, air filter and a bit of remap wizardry would this help or hinder do you think?

Cheers for the heads up on the clutches I'll get looking. Any recomendations other than AP Racing as they do seem to be a bit pricer than a grand from where I'm looking?

You could be right as I have noticed a bit of clutch slip since getting it done but I just put this down to my shoddy driving!! You might be on to a winner there. Any ideas where I can get a half decent clutch at a half decent price. The fitting shouldn't be too much of a problem as me and my mate should be able to manage the fitting and put a short throw kit in for good measure.

Whilst I'm there I would probably lighten the flywheel so that would be the bulk of my cash spent I would reckon!

larger injectors would need to be fitted but what size youd be better talking with the likes of JBS autosport or awesome

i looked at sachs for mine and worked out around £900. times like this im glad i have the petrol with only 250ftlb

Ok so following your advice I've just had a look on sachs website and they are doing a single mass flywheel, uprated clutch which would take 450NM of torque for about £1400 so thinking that may be the way forward!!! I think interfering with the fuel injectors is a bit beyond it at the moment I would probably be better looking at the clutch and then maybe the internals of the turbo if I go that far with it.

I'm just looking to order the new alloys in the next month so I'll do that first then save a bit for the clutch and flywheel. Next project after that should be the suspension and turbo unit. At least the projects got a bit of direction now and I've just landed a company car at work so should be able to save a few quid on diesel as my car will now be my weekend toy!!!

Not worked out bad in the end!!! Roll on cheaper fuel prices and we'll all be happy!!!

remember the single mass will transmit alot more vibration than the dual mass

and 450nm is only 330ftlb

and its went up in price as im sure we both have the same DMF and clutch

I think the clutch is the same but I may have been making an assumption about the torque figures? I thought that 450Nm was basically the equivilent of the same in lb/ft i.e. 450lb/ft? From what I can see there isn't a higher rated clutch on the site unless I am missing it? Is there anything that can be done to stop the vibrations on the flywheel? The noise I can handle but not so much the vibration!

nope thats why so many powerful derv, and even petrols, are swapping over to DMFs

to find the ftlb from Nm multiply by 0.738.

i doubt you will find much more than that unless you start looking towards the racing ones

worked out the diff in price - the euro was at 1.5 when i looked at it

Hi All,

As you can see I'm a youngster to the site so I was looking for a bit of help!

I'm driving a remapped Leon TDI FR just now. It's been remapped with a pipercross panel filter and sports exhaust giving it about 215bhp (just over 350lb/ft). I've done the sensible thing and uprated the brakes to handle the adjustment in power but that's where it stops and like most things I now want more. I know asking 300bhp out of the engine is pushing the limits of reality but is there anything else I can do to rip some more power out of it without compromising the block?

I was thinking of a new turbo upgrade along with a sporting clutch, lighter flywheel and a stage 2 remap but I'm just looking for ideas at the minute. Unfortunately as with most things I have a limited supply of cash so was looking for suggestions.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

just thought id say hi,iv got a 2008 tdi fr,had re-map and it basically wrecked my turbo,went to turbo technigues and getting a hybrid one fitted next week,can handle upto 250hp,from what iv read about what engine can take can get it upto 300,above 250 any higher and will need injectors doing,deisel pump upgraded,so will stop at 225 when get hybrid fitted.your ft torque doesn't seem a lot as mine is at 465ft,and think standard it around 350,with diesel its a lot higher as upto 3000 rpm its ft that gets engine spinning,then hp helps after 3000 rpm.hope this helps.

**Can you refrain from using colourful language please buddy, this is a family friendly site**

Many thanks
T9 man
Super Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
just thought id say hi,iv got a 2008 tdi fr,had re-map and it basically wrecked my turbo,went to turbo technigues and getting a hybrid one fitted next week,can handle upto 250hp,from what iv read about what engine can take can get it upto 300,above 250 any higher and will need injectors doing,deisel pump upgraded,so will stop at 225 when get hybrid fitted.your ft torque doesn't seem a lot as mine is at 465ft,and think standard it around 350,with diesel its a lot higher as upto 3000 rpm its ft that gets engine spinning,then hp helps after 3000 rpm.hope this helps.

**Can you refrain from using colourful language please buddy, this is a family friendly site**

Many thanks
T9 man
Super Moderator.
mmmmmm have read my post 3 times and is no swearing of any kind or anything offensive please explain the problem in my post???

The post that you made yesterday at 22:10, I have already edited it. Instead of the word "wrecked" which I put in, you had another word there beginning with "F".

I was having a look on the bible that is google last night and was wondering what the chances of increasing the fuel injectors on the TDI is? That is assuming they have them and not direct port electronic numbers? I know this wouldonly increase the fuel flow but along with the exhaust, air filter and a bit of remap wizardry would this help or hinder do you think?

Cheers for the heads up on the clutches I'll get looking. Any recomendations other than AP Racing as they do seem to be a bit pricer than a grand from where I'm looking?
Just thought id say hi,if you get bigger injectors you will have to go for hybrid turbo.i had mine re-maped with everything standard and it gets 203 hp and 465ft,it feels like its going to rip the tyres of in second,very rapid but turbo is whistling something terrible now,so I went to turbo technique and the guy basically said now more power going threw it is knocking it out of balance hence the whistling,so next tues I'm having hybrid fitted that goes upto 250 hp,im keeping everything else standard apart from performance air filter and already had dpf removed,ill get it re-mapped upto 220 as any higher and clutch just wont take it and its going to stress rest of engine to much....the ft gets the engine spinning fast upto around 2,500 rpm then its the hp that takes over more,as turbo is hybrid and its basically same size as original but with bigger turbines in and new thrust bearings it wont have hardly any turbo lay as bigger size turbo will cause more turbo lag,if you want ill keep in touch and tell you figures when hybrid is installed anyway good luck with any mods if you go for more hp.

Just thought id say hi,if you get bigger injectors you will have to go for hybrid turbo.i had mine re-maped with everything standard and it gets 203 hp and 465ft,it feels like its going to rip the tyres of in second,very rapid but turbo is whistling something terrible now,so I went to turbo technique and the guy basically said now more power going threw it is knocking it out of balance hence the whistling,so next tues I'm having hybrid fitted that goes upto 250 hp,im keeping everything else standard apart from performance air filter and already had dpf removed,ill get it re-mapped upto 220 as any higher and clutch just wont take it and its going to stress rest of engine to much....the ft gets the engine spinning fast upto around 2,500 rpm then its the hp that takes over more,as turbo is hybrid and its basically same size as original but with bigger turbines in and new thrust bearings it wont have hardly any turbo lay as bigger size turbo will cause more turbo lag,if you want ill keep in touch and tell you figures when hybrid is installed anyway good luck with any mods if you go for more hp.
just looked at re-map had done,standard torque 368nm....re-map torque 436nm