legacy gtb tt re map

olly

hi i'm olly :) new on here hope to be getting a white or blue 97 gtb soon just wondering if some one could help with a on going problem for lots of people or point me in the direction of someone that could do the solution. the problem is re mapping the gtb. i know you have to get a piggy back ecu at the moment but there must be someone who could do the job properly

Investigate the APEXi and probably their Power FC - this is a replacement ECU and I've been told it works with most Japanese cars. Piggy back ECU's are such a compromise sadly.

Welcome to TorqueCars - I hope you can post up some pics when you get to 10 posts. I don't get to see many Legacys down my way.:)

found out you can get the chip but i don't know anyone upto the mapping job not a easy task as i have read it's getting it to control the intercooler and wastegate valves for when the second turbo kicks in. going to keep looking and asking as it would be nice to know the car is running safly on 98ron

You will probably find a good boost controller to handle the turbo and let the ecu deal with the rest - it will just seem like its got one big turbo then as far as the ECU knows.

hi olly im dan i have a purple legacy b4 and have the same prob,i live in ireland and theres nobody in the country iv found yet that will remap it ive rang every where,the best thing to do is get the apexi power fc and bring it to a place with a dyno who can spend the day at it and do it properly

dony know what happened ther?im of,got a slow puncture yesterday and drove on it(clever)what cud have been a quik pplug turn into a new tyre then i wake up this mornin with another slow punc!!!!!!!!!!!!! the cheapest in any garage in dublin for one 215/45/17 is 100 euro,and i need it before xmas so i cant order of the net and im down to my last 100 and havnt finished gettin me birds present,screwed

dony know what happened ther?im of,got a slow puncture yesterday and drove on it(clever)what cud have been a quik pplug turn into a new tyre then i wake up this mornin with another slow punc!!!!!!!!!!!!! the cheapest in any garage in dublin for one 215/45/17 is 100 euro,and i need it before xmas so i cant order of the net and im down to my last 100 and havnt finished gettin me birds present,screwed

Have you found where it is leaking from? Is it the new tyre?

Could be the valve. Get some washing up liquid and water over the tyre and look for bubbles. If the puncture is in the middle third it can usually be repaired for 20-30 euros

ye i know the washing up liq trick but i wwent to the garage and we had a look turns out all the tyres are bald on the insides i knew they were wearing but i never imagined it was that bad so il have to live with it for now because im not getting economy tyres of a dublin garage cause for cheaper i can order the pirellis i want of the net,i was thing yokos or continental eagle f1 but im gonna go pirelli cause i think its best to stik with what u had before and had no problems with.i had bridgestone potenza before and thought they were great and durable but found them not as responsive as pirellis and mushy round fast corners and i have a friend who got them for his evo but hated them compared to the yokos.he said the same thing they were mushy round bends.what do you guys have?

Bridgestone's on the 620 and Goodyear Eagle's on the Primera. I rate the goodyear better though.:D
And it sounds to me like you need your wheel alignment checking....

WELL I WONT LIE IVE HAVE DRIVEN IT HARD BUT ONLY FOR 2 MONTHS NOW and its gone very bad,i ad it tracked on the weekend and it helped but when i got on the motorway home it was still vibrating and boucing everywhere like mad and it occured to me i stupidly didnt ask for the four wheel allignment to be done,will get it sorted straight after xmas.its horrible driving it like this