Legacy b4 impreza brake swap

dankingb4

Tuner
Car
golf g60,legacy b4,
hi dan here,have a legacy b4 jap import 1999,dark pearl purple,gold wheels,lowered,few subtle mods,decat exhaust,im looking to upgrade the brakes,as i know the leggys are heavy but still the brakes are horrible,i have been tearing along now 3 different times(but not at the limit) and have had to get out of sticky situations and if my reactions werent quik id probably be telling u im getting the bus these days! ive had the brake pedal on the floor and i wasnt impressed,does any body know if scooby brakes from around 96-99 fit straight on cause i cant seem to find legacy performance brakes anywhere.

hi dan here,have a legacy b4 jap import 1999,dark pearl purple,gold wheels,lowered,few subtle mods,decat exhaust,im looking to upgrade the brakes,as i know the leggys are heavy but still the brakes are horrible,i have been tearing along now 3 different times(but not at the limit) and have had to get out of sticky situations and if my reactions werent quik id probably be telling u im getting the bus these days! ive had the brake pedal on the floor and i wasnt impressed,does any body know if scooby brakes from around 96-99 fit straight on cause i cant seem to find legacy performance brakes anywhere.

Do the wheels from those years fit your car? I'm not an expert but I would imagine if the wheels bolts straight on then the conversion wouldn't be very difficult. Like I say though i'm no expert...

well i had a look found some on ebay for a scooby,im sure the discs would fit its just wether the brake lines will fit a biger scooby CALIPER.I WAS TOLD BY A MATE ONCE THAT ALL BITS OF SCOOBYS fit straight into the same year legacy,even the seat rails and stuf re the same,i wrote to subaru chat forum but to be honest i think its like the exhaust conversion,nobody outside japan has done and whoever has will be impos to track down

jesus you realy can find anything!! thats a tasty looking conversion but 800 smakers!! i could buy that old 944 ive been looking for for that much! id love to invest in that though looks the buisness,but if i knew wat the story was with the scooby brakes i could get the brakes from a scrapper for cheap,i wonder would i have to change the brake fluid resaviour?

In legacy forums the conversion has been done many a time. the 4 pot wrx sti scooby callipers fit straight on and pads but with some calippers you need to add a spacer for the.

Last edited by a moderator: