Legacy 2.5 GT upgrades

subynooby

Hi there! I'm looking into upgrading a few small things to get more kick out of my 1999 Legacy 2.5 GT limited edition! What are something things you would recommend to help me out?
I was thinking about a new air intake and exhaust system would be the easiest.
Or maybe a camshaft with custom fitting valves and one of those programmed computer chips?

Any feedback is highly appreciated!
Thanks

I would leave a remap to last. Induction and exhaust are certainly a good base but don't forget the handling - uprating the suspension can make the car much more driveable down twisty roads.

Cams are good but you want to avoid ruining the idle so only choose a fast road cam with a mild state of tune.

What's the remap? (sorry, I'm fairly new)

What would be some good brands to start with for induction and exhaust?
Also, is there anything specific I should be looking out for while looking for the parts?

A remap is a change to the engine computer to alter the timing and other characteristics of the engine. This is often referred to as adding a sport chip, ECU remap,sport computer etc...

Most car computers or ECUs allow new programs to be uploaded and some are hard wired and require a chip change.

Brands wise with induction and exhaust you are in the realms of personal taste. I like the K&N induction roar but exhausts are really subjective - you really have to hear a few to kow which one you like the best. (Keep to about 2.5-3 inches though on the exhaust and you should be ok power wise!)

Okay! Thank you very much for the help waynne!

I know where to come if I have any further questions or concerns. :)

No problem. Keep in touch - we are always interested to hear what people have done to their cars.