LEDs installation

joostin04

hey guys, car newbie here.
just wondering where i can purchase LED headlights (or xenons, i don't even know the difference) and how to go about installing them.
i'm looking to install them on a suzuki sx4, if that's important. thanks guys

you wont be able to get hold of led headlights for a few years on any car yet.
you can pick up led sidelights from most car mod shops easy enough ebay has loads as well
but remember to stick to white only anything else is just asking for trouble by the nice policemen as there ther only ones aloud to wear blue, green for docs. red should only be on the back of a car.

xenon headlights best bet would be to see if suzuki do them as an extra, warning this could cost around £500. other options are xenon/hid effec bulbs again car shops will stock these for around £10 a shot only difference is that they look white rather than yellow. have a look in your manual on how to change a bulb. or you ould go for high intensity discharge (HID) convertions (around £150-£200) which contain hid bulb ballists (to lift the voiltage high enough) and wiring. be warned of cheap version on ebay and stay away from 55w as these WILL melt your headlghts.

for info

sidelights max 5w
headlight bulb 60w
xenon h / bulb 60w
xenon converstion 35w

sorry mate never heard of them but then again its an american company so i wouldnt be looking at dealing with them
website is showing as being on a secure server thou best bet is give them a phone and see

For HID to be legal you need auto levelling lights and light washer jets. This rules out a conversion on many cars :cry: (Welcome to the site it is nice to have you along!)

waynne said:
For HID to be legal you need auto levelling lights and light washer jets. This rules out a conversion on many cars :cry: (Welcome to the site it is nice to have you along!)

didnt realise you needed light washers to have hid, ohh well i couldnt get them anyway as dont have the auto leveling, however it must be noted that a lot of sellers of hid conversions only state that you must have a leveling system and this must be set not to dazzle other drivers. it doesnt actually state that it needs to be auto, all fine and dandy till you get stopped

Not absolutely positive on the washer jet thing but I'm sure I read a clause somewhere? (HDi will know - the law is his thing!)

light washers? as in those mini wiper blades that go over your headlights? i sure hope not; i'm sure that'll cost a lot of money too...
so then can anyone recommend an HID conversion kit product?

nah most of then now are small but high powered so dont need the wipers
dunno mate have alook around should be paying around £140-200 (i think thats around $260-400) for 2 bulbs ballest wiring

My post should have said to be legal in the UK headlight should... Not sure about the rules in other countries - sorry didn't spot that you live in the USA.