LED Sight Lights Constantly going Bust

drinu89

Car
Seat Cordoba 1.9SDI
Hi, I have been trying to install some bright white led sight lights but for some reason they keep going bust. I've also tried different brands and different types. Nothing seems to keep working as they should. The last pair only lasted for about a week. (I have a 100w headlamp and I just though maybe they were getting damaged because of the heat.)

P.S. I just buy the usual LEDs 5W5 which fit on a Cordoba.

Any opinions of what might be happening? Thanks

It could be the heat I suppose. No bulb should burn out that quickly and LED lights have an incredibly long lifespan.

I have had similar problems with LED's in the past, and it would appear to be down to a couple of things! manufacturer!

I buy my lamps from Click Parts on the internet in the uk and have never had a problem. I would also suggest checking the lamps after they have been installed to see if they flash momentarily every few seconds?

If they do flash then you will need to fit a small resistor inline with the positive lead, this is because the engine management system talks to the cars electrical components and checks if everything is ok?

this tiny amount of current that is generated by the system is picked up by the LED'S because of their low current drawing threshold and as such, will sometimes continue to flash if you drive in the daylight with your lights off until such time as you are stationery with the car locked! then the engine management system switches off. Hope this helps!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back