LED headlight kits

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I've probably jumped the gun here but soon I expect to see LED headlight kits.

I presume we will have the same problems as HID kits have in that they are not CE approved and the beam patterns are an MOT fail.

Has anyone found or spotted LED headlight kits for cars?

Audi are bringing out the first car to have full led headlights. Its the R8 model.

If you can't quite afford the new R8, then how about the little line of led lights you can get to sit above the headlights, they look quite nice.

That'll be the new V10- Nice. I want one. Hows this then for a chat I plan to have with my wife....

Darling we need LED headlights
Oh Ok then.
Darn the only way I can get them is by buying an R8
Oh Ok whatever you need to do darling....

(Do you think my wife will agree! ;))

Yes I see that really working :lol:.
I wonder if they'll produce the lights to fit other cars?
I hope so, out go the angel eyes!!

yip am sure thatll work waynne.

hayley the DLR lights (the little led lights) are diesigned to work more as a sidelight than a full headlight.

you can buy these from Vag aftersales but at £200 for they pair there rather expensive

The DLRs are white at the front on the R8. It's a very good idea much better than using dipped beams during daylight (although I do drive on dips all the time).

Hey Hayley i thought they were still in horses and cart where u are....not sure how led lights would look like on a shire horse lol....sorry hun only joking,Hello im Chris

Wayne you can already buy stick on kits that wire straight into your current lights,you just stick them on and connect

This is quite a big step foward in vehicle lighting technology. Even HIDs are only really a variant of the fluorescent tube you have in your kitchen.

IT's time for something new, HIDs have been around since about 1992-93

Hey Hayley i thought they were still in horses and cart where u are....not sure how led lights would look like on a shire horse lol....sorry hun only joking,Hello im Chris

Hahaha.... how funny.:blink:

Well we need lights to guide us back when we finish late at the farmers market!!! The candles aren't quite bright enough.

Anyway hello!

The Minehead one, and some over the hill ones.
Just of to dig up some potatoes for tommorow, see you later!:lol:

No, no always do the Barnstaple one, by the pannier market. horses just make it up Porlock hill! Family also own a butchers down there, can't beat some home reared lamb.

Too early to tell. We're going to be hammering through the legal/lawful crap again with this aren't we? Just like what happened over The HID kits.

You bet we are!

Heres a definition that may help unlawful is where something is not permitted in statute wheras illegal is a sick bird of prey :lol: